Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's my dilemma: So far, I've got a ported tb, CAI, ALT pulley (yes, I know that was dumb but it's way too much of a pain to take off now), and an Apex'i exhaust. What do I do next? 70mm MAF, chip, cam gears, High-flow cat, any Ideas? I was also wondering if bigger injectors would yeild any more hp or just waste gas? I'm looking anywhere up to about $500, but the less the better. It's almost time for new tires and brakes.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Header (street or race, depending on whether you want/need to be emissions legal)
Hi-flow cat
Ported 2000 intake manifold
Ford Racing wires
Crank pulley
Cam gears (only if you're actually going to tune them)
True 65mm trottle body

The stock fuel injectors are good up to 160hp (I think, so I won't bother switching them)

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
for $500 and those mods i'd buy:

Fidanza Cam Gears: $89 each

Random Tech High Flow Cat: $299

Urethane Motor Mount Bushings: $16.95

all prices from www.mcnewsautomotive.com

i'd also do shell out the dough to tune those gears. later on a nice intake like the volant would help, but the cat and the stock cam settings are the biggest bottlenecks with the zetec.

Nate

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I wasn't sure if I wanted to shell out the $$$ for the dyno tune, 'cause then the whole thing costs about $300-400.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Ok, I wasn't sure if I wanted to shell out the $$$ for the dyno tune, 'cause then the whole thing costs about $300-400.
Then I'd say skip the gears for now and go header with cat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts