Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search but couldn't find one. The stock location makes what should be a 10 minute job into a messy half-hour chore. Are there any kits out there that allow it to be relocated?

[ 01-18-2003, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Kstrhypes ]

·
Registered
175 Posts
its way easier then my old mustang II, even someone with midget hands couldn't get in there to get that thing. i had to take it somewhere to get the oil changed.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yes, I love mine from Summit Racing.
I ran the lines up under the intake mani, mounted the cooler between the rad and A/C cond, mounted the filter to the frame under the drivers side headlight with my air filter. It makes oil changes a snap.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have an oil filter relocated under the battery. It has many benefits, ease of changing, larger filter, more capacity, easy access to a pressure and return line for FI applications etc. The key is to make sure the filter is lower than the original, so the oil stays in the line to ensure oil supply upon startup. One thing to make sure of is use good hose and fittings. The focus puts out over 100 psi cold oil pressure for the first few minutes, I found this out the hard way twice. Don't DO NOT use the hose that comes with the kits, they will not survive. I now have 200 psi line and fittings, which turned the project from $30 to $200, but it's still well worth it in my book. Some people will badmouth this idea, but if done properly, it's great. I have photos but nowhere to host them, so pm me if you want to see and I'll email em to ya. Later doods

g

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow
$200 is a bit rich I was thinking of maybe $75.
My '89 Golf was a breaze. You don't even need to get under the car to do a complete oil change.

What I don't get is why the manufacturers don't make routine maintanence more easy to do routinely

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hmmm... sounds a little pricey but I'm still interested... where could I order the parts for this 200psi version? - initial kit plus additional parts/lines/fittings? Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts