Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my AC3 setup running pretty well for about 5k miles now but on my last trip from Austin to Chicago (about 1100miles in one trip) i got some oil leaking. I went to investigate, but after 1100 miles of driving it was impossible to find out where it started, so i washed under the hood and went driving around...after about 20 miles, i looked under the hood and there was oil slowling leaking out of the hole in the block where the dipstick tube enters - so basically leaking around the tube. wondering if anyone has ever seen this and if the general fix would just be to put some rtv around it?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
already running a catch can for both the PCV valve and the valve cover breather...

·
███████
2,662 Posts
It could be the dipstick rubber "Seal" ? I had to replace mine because I upgraded to an SVT Header and I noticed it has a little rubber seal where it pops in.... I dunno if boost would make any difference on oil psi.. ??

But that's my suggestion.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i didn't change to a boost friendly pcv, but you only really need to do that if you still have the the catch can going back to the the intake mani, i'm going to atmos after catch can - so there's no way i could push boost in through the pcv valve. i'll check the rubber seal, it could very well be it because i moved this dip-stick tube out of my old block without replacing the seal...thanks for the advice - i'll give it a try.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Just yank it out (it pops out) and check the o-ring around the dipstick.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
if u don't have vacumn, then remove the pcv valve and just run a hose from the engine to the catch can . that will let it breath better .

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was actually thinking about completely removing the pcv valve as you said, but i can't just stick a hose in it's place, i'd need some kind of an adaptor...might just end up hollowing out hte stock pcv valve and use it as an adaptor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts