Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be running an mocal pump to return the oil since my turbo sits low, sort of like the precision setup. I need a few questions answered in reference to how the pump works. Should the pump be working on all the time even when the car is running or should it come on at a specific time or right before the car is to be turned off?. After I get this answered I'll ask another question depending on the answer to this. Thanks...

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
It has to run all the time to prevent oil from backing up in the turbo.

With the PTE, the oil freely gravity drops from the center section in to an accumulator (little can) below it. The pump runs whenever the engine is on, and keeps the can sucked out.

It also uses a timer that runs the pump for so many minutes after shut down to evacuate oil that continues to gravity drain down into the center section after shut down. I have my timer set for 2 or 3 minutes... think it is 3.

The Hitachi pump they use works well. If you disconnect the oil lines after shut down there is very little oil in the system.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, would all that pressure coming in and out of the pump cause any problems?. I think my pump is able to flow 2 gallons per minute. Any suggestions on how to rig it up and what type of timer would I be able to get so that it can remain on after shut off?. If I'm running a turbo timer would the oil continue to run around the turbo?.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts