Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys was wondering has anyone blown an oil seal in a turbo? if so did you just replaced the seal or the entire turbo and what did you do to prevent it from happening again.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Hello guys was wondering has anyone blown an oil seal in a turbo? if so did you just replaced the seal or the entire turbo and what did you do to prevent it from happening again.
hey Johnny. You'll proably need to get a rebuild kit, or something to that exent. Chris at Apex should be able to do it for you. You should also have him look at it and see why they blew. Something like that shouldn't be happening.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thats what Iw as thinking just wondering how much money I gotta throw at him to get it done in a couple of days lol

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
haha, it all comes down to the $$$. I'd take it to him. Who knows, maybe you just have a defective turbo. blowing the seals definately shouldn't be happening with the like 100miles you have on the turbo.

·
Registered
296 Posts
You may have too much oil pressure going to the turbo.
I thought I blew my seals, restricted the oil flow and have had no more problems with the seals leaking.
Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts