Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disable the adaptive learning and adjusted the maf curve a little to not have a complete lean condition w/o the jrsc black box but even though I hardly move the maf curve its just blasted with fuel.

any help would be great on what Im doing wrong etc...

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive deleted the files each time cause everything has just been turning black.

I guess ill drive some on just the stock program with the AL off and log it so its not pegging the AFR below 10 and blowing black soot out the back

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive deleted the files each time cause everything has just been turning black.

I guess ill drive some on just the stock program with the AL off and log it so its not pegging the AFR below 10 and blowing black soot out the back
ok not sure if you wanted the whole xl file but here is 1 line where I hit 90% load, i know i need to learn how to read the TPS vs MAF volts or MAF volt vs fuel input, thats where I get lost is when Im trying to read the data and mimic what the black box does but more accurate. when air in/more volts ADD X amount of fuel. (my software doesnt have long term fuel in all caps only pid, Randy was baffled)
this had my AFR guage over 14 most of the time

AF#min---MAFvolts-mafcount---rpm---------LOAD-----STFT------ltft-TPS
9.211308 3.310547 683.3281 3940.369 0.9039826 1.0363 1 217

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats your throttle there?

ummm uhhhh I took TPS (the 217) i dont remember seeing 1` that was just throttle

whole log (i just dropped it in that folder)
web page

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Take Randy's primer thread and log idle, then hold @ 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000 and 3500 rpm for 15 seconds each... and lets see what the numbers look like there.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good place to start.

going off the fact I dont seem to have LONG TERM FUEL TRIM in all caps but do have long term & SHORT TERM.... I have logged those but Ive noticed that when my aem AFR is reading to lean the SHORT TERM values are over 1, like its backwards. also the long term in all lower case stays 1 all the time

I may post this as another ? but when i stomp the gas the load hits 1.0xx and I go lean but the air vol isnt hitting high in the volts to fuel it up so it goes to lean.

what do i do to account for the load/jrsc boost to make more fuel then but not while im on a drive and the fuel air is correct? i.e. at 3k rpm i was sitting on 10.3afr and .4 load stomped the gas and went to 17afr 1.01xx load but in the log the volts and air flow hadnt gone even over 3.5v and 10#min.

I dont understand how to account for the boost i guess

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have your Focus set up to reference vacuum or boost? The JRSC black box calls for a vacuum reference, but you NEED to reference boost when flashing and using the PRP.

the guage is on the same vac line as the box but Im not sure where or how to ref boost for the program. Im logging load etc... but not any vac or boost values if thats what you mean

when i hit the gas the load goes up from .4 to .9 or 1.0 (boost guage up to 10 or 12) but it goes lean till i catch up or let off the gas, does that make cent$

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have your Focus set up to reference vacuum or boost? The JRSC black box calls for a vacuum reference, but you NEED to reference boost when flashing and using the PRP.

the guage is on the same vac line as the box but Im not sure where or how to ref boost for the program. Im logging load etc... but not any vac or boost values if thats what you mean

when i hit the gas the load goes up from .4 to .9 or 1.0 (boost guage up to 10 or 12) but it goes lean till i catch up or let off the gas, does that make cent$

I think i understand what you asked earlier, you didnt mean was i logging it you ment did I hook up the fuel vac line to the manifold
that answer would be uuuuhhhhhhh

Ill have to look at the JRSC install again as I dont do this enough to remember what is what but it is installed exact to the install instructions.

i.e. if the line is the 1 that goes to the middle of the fuel rail yes it is otherwise Im not sure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts