Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What about the First Ever Gull Winged Focus. Gull Wings on a ZX3 IMO would look really tight.

·
Registered
647 Posts
yeah they would be cool but i have thought about them and it would be hard having them, think about parking the thing, it would be hard to get out of it, unless you hack half the door and mold the bottem into the body and have the rest of it rase up then you might be able to get out but still cool

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
I was talking to my dad about this the other nite. He said Ford used to have a car in production called a Ford Brickland (sp?) that had Gull Wing doors, but they kinda folded in half as they went up so they would collapse taking up less space. Im tryna find a picture of one so I can get a better idea of what he is talking about. It would take A LOT of custom fabrications, but the outcome I think would be pretty sexy. As for regular gull wings, theyd look phat too, and if you think about it, you just need enough room to park so your normal doors would be able to open fully for them to open right without hitting anything. Although now a days not many parking lots allow such space. Anyways, yeh, lol

·
Registered
288 Posts
i kinda thought about this too, i would think that you could just leave half (or less) of the door molded into the side and then weld the frame to the roof and create a new hinge halfway across the roof... you know what i mean?

·
7,550 Posts
Nevermind, they dont fold in half, he was wrong, lol, turns out my uncle has one of these that he's restoring. A 1975 Bricklin SVi. Regular gull wings that open from almost the center of the roof to provide for minimum space required.
heres a pic.

-linky-

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nevermind, they dont fold in half, he was wrong, lol, turns out my uncle has one of these that he's restoring. A 1975 Bricklin SVi. Regular gull wings that open from almost the center of the roof to provide for minimum space required.
heres a pic.

-linky-
Disregard the PM that I just sent you majikal, it is the sameone that you have posted here on the jet. I did not know that you found that site already.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Suicide doors on the rears of a ZX5 would be the shizzy.

Sicko did a P-Shop for me awhile ago that was a animated gif.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
my old delorean could open the door with only 12" of clearence. the downside was that the window is basically non functional except for a small piece in the center. You would have to have it hinge from center of the roof. even then I dont think the contour of the focus would lend it self to that type of design. most cars with gullwings are very thin.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
my old delorean could open the door with only 12" of clearence. the downside was that the window is basically non functional except for a small piece in the center. You would have to have it hinge from center of the roof. even then I dont think the contour of the focus would lend it self to that type of design. most cars with gullwings are very thin.
damn u! i want a dmc12

·
7,550 Posts
Disregard the PM that I just sent you majikal, it is the sameone that you have posted here on the jet. I did not know that you found that site already.
werd... gracias anyways

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
damn u! i want a dmc12
go for it. the good ones are a little pricey, like around 10K. but you can get one that needs love for about a grand. All deloreans have electrical issues though. there is a myriad of fix-it products out there for all the design flaws. Its a shame, the MY02 had fixed all the electrical issues. then John Z got busted. the plus side to owning a DMC is that there are enough body parts to build 120K cars, all sitting in a warehouse. so parts are available. plus all the mechanical stuff is Volvo, so thats available too. nothing gets looks like a delorean! especially my old red one.
hope whoever has it now is taking care of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts