Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lookin to get a muffler from the Headers back.

Everything.

I want Jba Streets, Hi Flow Cat, Flexpipe, Catback.

Im a noob with cars, so im still learning.

Because im getting the Saleen Body kit, i will eventually be changing my catback into a custom to fit the center design of the body kit.

SO, with that said, im going with the Trubends catback (borla) to save some cash, and eventually ill just give it to my brother or sell it cheap to someone after a month or two.

Now, my questions.

1. What order from the headers back does that stuff go, so i can get an idea of wtf im lookin at.

2. My catback is going to be 2.5. What flexpipe do i need for that. Does it make a difference? etc. I would think i need a flexpipe thats 2.5 right? But will that 2.5 fit wherever it goes on the other end?

IM SO CONFUS'ED!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
The order is exhaust manifold(headers), cat, flexpipe, then it would be ur trubends catback.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been ordering parts from ray last couple weeks, and he has been diligently answering my questions, im sure i am annoyin as hell by now.

I order as much of the stuff i want from ray as i can. The only part i think of all that i wont be able to get thru him is the trubends and maybe the highflow cat. Dunno if he can get those.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
why do you want a 2.5in exhaust....way overkill for a non FI car. moreover for a mildly-modded car. you'll lose power and be louder as well. think that 1 over.

-Ult

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cause down the road, im getting turbo/supercharger

I got 1-1.5k a month to throw in my car. That a minimum number. If i stay in for a weekend, thats another 200 bucks if i want. If i dont eat at fastfood and cook one week, thats another 100 bucks.

So im slowly workin my way up to a turbo/supercharger, once i get everything else done on the engine. Like rods, cams, intercooler etc.

As i work my way up, im learning. And the 2.5 will be better with the FI

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
fair enuff, as long as your goin FI. with the random havin larger diameter tube and a 2.5exh, logical to go get the yodude 2.5 flex. call ray at mcnews for the lowdown on that (he has that on pigpen, the 'house' car).

btw you'll have to hit up the g2g in parkville near the beltway not this fri, but next.

-Ult

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definetly, im about 20 mins from parkville. In fact, my parents bus company picks up for Atlantic City from parkville daily i believe =P

1 - 9 of 9 Posts