Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i go with 2.5" pipe (im going forced induction sometime in next year)

Do i need anything special to fit to my stock cat?

(after i do exhaust, couple weeks ill be doing headers, flex, high flow cat)

Just curious if i have to wait and change everything, or if i can put the 2.5 on without changing anything.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, if i get say a borla, eventually for my saleen kit, i need to get the tip moved to the center of the rear.

Will midas/anyone be able to bend the exhaust to the middle or will it eff up my borla?

·
Registered
751 Posts
They can make it fit but it will perform a little worse b/c it wont be as free flowing.

Oh, and there's this little link that says Edit right next to the reply link, you should try it sometime. I swear I've seen you post twice like this 10 times. Not trying to be rude, but it just keeps things much cleaner IMO

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Though its called "cat back" it doesnt mean it starts from the cat. It actually starts a little after and right after the flex pipe. There are no modifications to install a cat-back exhaust. About the center mount, i dont think it is possible to go straight back because of the rear crossmember. So, they will bend it from the stock outlet slot to the center. That is why it wont perform well. Then you COULD do a side exit on moth sides like a Cobra but that might not look good. Oh well, l8er Jon

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
One good thing about exhaust mods is that you can do them one at a time, cat back first, flex pipe later, headers later, high flow cat later, race headers even later. Basucally they are all bolt on to each other. Whats really, really, good is getting to know a good exhaust shop that can do some custom work with SS exhaust stuff. Stuff like adding a resonator, welding in a different muffler, giving you some good advice.
PM me if you are interested in a Random Tech cat.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont know what a random tech cat is. If thats a high flow cat, just pm me what your askin price is.

Yeah, i know it wont perform as well with the center due to wheel well, however, with the saleen stage iii kit, thats where the exhaust is.

I can bend the pipe down to fit under the kit, but it will look REALLY BAD.

Another reason i wanna use 2.5 pipe, is to maybe make up for some of that. Maybe it wont work like that, prolly not, but i really dig the saleen focus kit and if i lose 3-4 horsepower cause of it, no big deal. I dont plan on being the fastest focus in the world, Just 2nd

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
random and a 2.5in exhaust...your gonna be exploitin the super strict md laws on exhaust immediately...

-Ult

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dood, from what i ahve seen, maryland isnt that strict.

And isnt having a cat better than no cat?

Not like i cant just call a friend and get a smog sticker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts