Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Originally posted by 03' ZX3:
Why would someone do all that and make it an automatic? Other than that, Its not bad.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A fully built automatic, like that, is often better than a manual at drag racing. Even Turbo Tom is looking into getting a built auto for his car.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Egz:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by 03' ZX3:
Why would someone do all that and make it an automatic? Other than that, Its not bad.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A fully built automatic, like that, is often better than a manual at drag racing. Even Turbo Tom is looking into getting a built auto for his car.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I will second that! sure autos suck in regular cars but for drag cars like this sometimes it is the way to go!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Turbos stay "primed" with an automatic. GM transmissions RULE!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I like how he has it parked in his driveway like it's his daily driver.

That is a remarkable piece of work though. As much show truck as race truck!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Originally posted by 03' ZX3:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Just to let you know that the Lightning comes standard w/ the ATX tranny.

·
Registered
668 Posts
its worthless, the stupid thing doesnt have any ything, like a radio, a/c, heat, dome light, reclinable seats, I wouldnt buy it.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
it is pretty sick. I have seen him run at moroso down here in florida. At the time he was just tuning it with the twin turbos so I am not sure of times. But man, it sounds awesome.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Originally posted by derf:
its worthless, the stupid thing doesnt have any ything, like a radio, a/c, heat, dome light, reclinable seats, I wouldnt buy it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is sarcasm, right?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Why would you need all that extra crap if it's used for drag-racing? Wouldn't it just add extra weight?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts