Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any old school Jetters that plan to buy one. I know a lot of us talked about it and said if Ford ever made good, we would buy one.

I've got to crunch the numbers to see if it is feasible to trade in my ST and buy one this Spring or wait until next Spring but my heart is all in.

·
I've got a fever, and the only cure is...
1,802 Posts
Any old school Jetters that plan to buy one. I know a lot of us talked about it and said if Ford ever made good, we would buy one.

I've got to crunch the numbers to see if it is feasible to trade in my ST and buy one this Spring or wait until next Spring but my heart is all in.
Im in the same boat. Not sure Ill be trading in after only a year.

·
Registered
670 Posts
That's the plan. Heading out this weekend to order.

But if those Stealers plan on getting greedy and asking for "Over Sticker" prices, just can't see paying almost $50k for a Ford Focus. That's M3 range.

·
I
13,288 Posts
Better consider quick. Dealer I put my down payment at for one only is getting 2. For 2016. Germany already capped their us shipments too.
That's just their initial allocation. Ford has said they plan to meet dealer orders as well. Lots of discussion over on FocusRS.org

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I prefer RSNation but I'm a bit biased. Ill know if I'm in tomorrow when I talk with my dealer. I'm first in line if I want it.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
I'm thinking the used route will be my plan, since my second project is in the initial planning stages and has been before the announcement of the RS coming to the US officially.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
That's just their initial allocation. Ford has said they plan to meet dealer orders as well. Lots of discussion over on FocusRS.org
The only issue is sarlouie is only running the RS for a 2 month production period. They are running the TT build now. Then PP then December-January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
They have to build standards and ST and phev and Bev, Fox auto and manual too, and with Michigan cutting a lot they and China will be biggest producers 16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I was certainly tempted to sell my RX-8 and go back to only one car again (i.e., the Focus RS). My son will likely inherit my 2014 Mazda3 when he learns to drive. However, I don't think I want to go back to a daily driver that only gets 29mpg or so. I drive way too much for that. I'm also not willing to get rid of the rotary sports car for a (super) hot hatch. And now Mazda is showing a sports car concept at Tokyo at the end of this month that sure sounds like the car that all of the rumors talked about and Mazda denied. If they really do build a new RX sports car, and it's significantly faster than my RX-8, and I can fit in it reasonably comfortably, I will likely sell the RX-8 for this new one.

·
****ney-4-Life!
3,685 Posts
That's the plan. Heading out this weekend to order.

But if those Stealers plan on getting greedy and asking for "Over Sticker" prices, just can't see paying almost $50k for a Ford Focus. That's M3 range.
What exactly are folks struggling with here...

Ford announce a price... THAT'S THE price.

·
Registered
670 Posts
What exactly are folks struggling with here...

Ford announce a price... THAT'S THE price.
Not sure what you don't understand... 'round these parts (capitalistic America), demand drives price. It is reasonable to expect, and has happened before, that a Stealer will charge X-dollars over sticker price. "How badly you want it, son?"

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Like the C7 Z06 I think it was or something like that which got sold for 40k over the MSRP.

·
****ney-4-Life!
3,685 Posts
Not sure what you don't understand... 'round these parts (capitalistic America), demand drives price. It is reasonable to expect, and has happened before, that a Stealer will charge X-dollars over sticker price. "How badly you want it, son?"

I understand perfectly. Do you spend over retail on I-phones or gears of war games ?

Drumroll......

·
****ney-4-Life!
3,685 Posts
You seem to be chewing the edge of your comfort blanket here...

1 - 20 of 180 Posts