Ford Focus Forum banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been here since 2002 under another name.
I'm seriously thinking of purchasing a 2016 ST. Been looking for a car that's fun to drive and somewhat practical.
We're just waiting to see if anyone has been able to successfully house a 6 year old in a booster seat in the back seat.

If anyone has seen it work, let me know!

·
I've got a fever, and the only cure is...
1,802 Posts
I've been here since 2002 under another name.
I'm seriously thinking of purchasing a 2016 ST. Been looking for a car that's fun to drive and somewhat practical.
We're just waiting to see if anyone has been able to successfully house a 6 year old in a booster seat in the back seat.

If anyone has seen it work, let me know!
I have a 3yo and a 7yo in the back seat. One is in a booster and the other is in a full car seat facing forward. Plenty of room in the back for the kids but don't plan on any long trips as there is no room for luggage. Im only 5'7" and sit close to the steering wheel so if you are a big goon with big goony kids it may be different.

·
****ney-4-Life!
3,685 Posts
I'm not going to get one. I am still enjoying my SVT. It's the perfect balance of handling and power. For me, the RS (and even the ST) is too much. I can drive the SVT hard without drawing too much unwanted notice. With the capabilities of those other cars, it can't happen as often. Probably not a popular opinion but it is what it is.

BTWaid
02 SVT 207
I've yet to be pulled by the cops in 13yrs of owning my RS...and... I'm no shrinking violet where speed is concerned. Enjoy the performance of the car without standing out and looking like a dick.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Current Ride 2013 ST ST3 Package- Cobb Tuned- FSWerks Exhaust.

On order. 2016 Frost White- RS2 Package- Forged Wheels- Moon Roof- SYNC3 With Navigation- Winter Tire Wheel Package.

·
I'm a Self Cleaning Oven!
1,704 Posts
Like the R35 GTR I saw on the freeway today weaving in and out of all lanes and cutting people off in heavy traffic causing people to hit the brakes.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Seriously thinking about selling the WRX and getting an RS. It all depends on the dealers. I'm not paying over MSRP.

·
I've got a fever, and the only cure is...
1,802 Posts
Any way to find out how many have been ordered/sold/delivered?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Any way to find out how many have been ordered/sold/delivered?
It'll prob be months til hard numbers from Ford Performance are available, but there's been some grassroot efforts of tracking state-side RS orders over at FocusRS.org, 'RS Purchasing' sub-forum. Unfortunately, the main threads with the tracking info have been wiped out a bit, so info is kind of muddled, but you should be able to find some if you're really that curious.

·
I'm a Self Cleaning Oven!
1,704 Posts
Unfortunately right now they are going for several thousand over MSRP. As much as $10K mark up according to the dealer I visited.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Bringing this back up. It's a toss up between the RS and the GT350 Mustang. Neighbor has an RS and I got to ride in it. Wow! Is all I can say. First impressions are great handling, braking and acceleration! Loved the Recaros, but rather tight on my fat a$$. As I write this, there are Focus RS' for sale at or near MSRP. Great value IMHO.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Bought a set of Focus rims and tires from a Ford tech (late spring/early summer) and he said he was trying to decide between ordering a new GT or an RS. Already had a new (then) Ecoboost F150 4X4 (turbo exhaust dumped and ECU reflashed, had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more BHP- showed me how he would light up all 4 tires just by flooring it), and I said I the RS would be a better year round vehicle. And he had a couple young children, so the GT would be better.

At that time I'd heard that all the RS were spoken for. He said his dealership was a performance one, and he was sure he could still order one.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Bringing this back up. It's a toss up between the RS and the GT350 Mustang. Neighbor has an RS and I got to ride in it. Wow! Is all I can say. First impressions are great handling, braking and acceleration! Loved the Recaros, but rather tight on my fat a$$. As I write this, there are Focus RS' for sale at or near MSRP. Great value IMHO.
GT350 without a doubt.

At that time I'd heard that all the RS were spoken for. He said his dealership was a performance one, and he was sure he could still order one.
They are built to demand, they are not limited production numbers.

Anybody can order one today and have it delivered in a few months.

- Drew

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
holy hell, the recovery email finally worked, i havent been able to login for several years

Reactions: Dev
161 - 180 of 180 Posts