Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject: FOREIGN CARS ARE BETTER

Newsgroups: rec.autos
Date: 1990-12-04 08:59:06 PST

Well, as I can see there are many users out there who hate American Cars as muc
h as I do. So lets start off with replying with Foreign cars in our subject, no
t american cars (That way we are not giving american cars any credit at all.)
First, Why would someone want a American car,I have always seen and heard
of troubles within the FIRST week of owning. I do not know of any Honda or Toyo
ta owner who has problems the first YEAR.
Second, how long did it take American car ownerns to get SATURN going?? 7 y
ears maybe?
Third, everyone talks about the CORVETTE- supercar??? Why?? I can take a
$9300 civic Si, add another $5000 for suspension, and engine, turbo,radical gro
und effects,wheels and tires and presto for under $15000 I have a car that gets
more stares, runes faster, handles better, parks in smaller places, has less p
roblems and doesn't have tires big enough to turn into Canoes in the rain. Plus
I have another $15000 left over to buy another (because I didn't buy the VETTE
).

To you american car people, lets here some replies on this!!

<<DAN ELLIS>> at PSUVM
EVERYTHING SAID HERE I THOUGHT OF, NO-ONE TOLD ME TO SAY IT .
I was playing around with Google Groups, and found the oldest ricer on the Internet. This post is nearly 13 years old.

Just thought it was funny.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
yeah. vettes are crap next to a civic. If I even have to explain why a car that was designed for high hp is better than a car modified for high hp, it isnt worth it.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
add another $5000 for suspension, and engine, turbo,radical gro
und effects,wheels and tires and presto for under $15000 I have a car that gets
more stares, runes faster, handles better, parks in smaller places, has less p
roblems
5k?? Yeah right....
Suspension - chopped stock springs with stock shocks and struts ($1000)
Engine/turbo - Ebay CAI with electric tubro ($1500)
Radical ground effects - fiberglass lips, but never painted ($1500)
Wheels and tires - can you say stock ones with spinning hub caps from Pep Boys? ($1000)

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Actually for $5,000 you can upgrade your whole civic and have it run 13's or even 12's...

My friend back in St.Paul made his turbo out of a Civic HX header and old DSM turbo and basically did it all by himself
(about $1500 + radiator)...Did his suspension (Matrix Coilovers full adjustable struts and springs $700)...and upgraded his suspension (Supsension Techniques sway bar and bushings $350 + a mugen front strut bar he bough from his friend $90)...replaced his pistons for lower compression (Used Acura LS pistons with gaskets $400)...and still had enough for Nitto 555 slicks with our borrowed TE-37's...

He launched a good 13.26 (or something like that) in his first run....sure it's not killing corvettes but that's not including NOS...Plus that's a handmade turbo kit...

I believe next to DSMs and Supras (2nd gen..not 96-98 version)...The Civic is definately the next best choice in a cheap project car...

And not every Honda is a ricer...seems like that's ALWAYS the theme around here...Want to see ricer? See that Focus in Sport Compact Car, now that's Rice O Roni (domestic rice)..

·
Registered
354 Posts
I dont own a Saturn! How dare he!? Corvettes are around 15k for a c-4 if you look around. Then a carefull 250HP shot of N2O and 11's are yours( yes I've seen it done, not just doing math) People are looking at his Civic, but who says they're jeolouse (sp?)? He wishes he had bigger tires He just couldn't find big enough flairs. If hes going to insult american cars he should a Supra as an example not his gay front wheel drive economy car.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
All we gotta do is show them the Lingenfelter corvette with its 1.9sec 0-60 time and they will shut up.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
yay, for 6 grand your front wheel drive econobox will outperform a vette in every way. sure buddy, whatever you say.

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts
Yeah the Civic gets more stares (of disgust) but the Vette can get you laid, that and it is a beast... I want a vette... Thank god I can stuff the Vette's LS1 in the Focus, just gotta find out how to get that rear end transmission to fit in there

Long live the bowtie powered Ford!

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
i hate corvetts!
What's a corvetts?

I LOVE Corvettes. (esp the C5).

Booya.

My uncle (who has a c5 coupe...mmm) asked me why people take a $13,000 economy car, drop $20,000 into it, so that they can beat cars like his. He asked "Why spend all that money, when you can take what you spent, and just get a nice car?"

He doesn't hate civics, but... they do amuse him.

·
Registered
62 Posts
They are the poor mans lamborgini (sp?)

But lately i have seen WAY too many vettes. Especially vettes with neons... wtf is with everyone putting neons on everything from mustangs to vettes to a viper... yes a viper.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Yeah the Civic gets more stares (of disgust) but the Vette can get you laid, that and it is a beast... I want a vette... Thank god I can stuff the Vette's LS1 in the Focus, just gotta find out how to get that rear end transmission to fit in there

Long live the bowtie powered Ford!
its a LS6 in the vette, not a LS1, sorry, no cookie for you

the guy is an idiot.....on the lighter side of things, the corvettes that prowled the streets when this was originally posted were a completely different beast than what prowls the streets now

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
you're right...I just remembered that....but then again, there is no point in owning a base model vette...so the Z06 is the only one that matters IMO

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is funny.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
it came back from the dead!!! oh **** its a zombie thread!!!

·
I'm the 'intellectual' here
4,225 Posts
:zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:< "Braiiiiiiins!!"

1 - 20 of 33 Posts