Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been said before but I just want to let anyone that can't make up their mind.... just installed Crower stage 2 cams, FC cams gears, and FC race header! I started the engine and it was so loud, just at idle I can gurantee it is going to be WAY to loud to be legal. Can't wait to drive it!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
did u check ur lash and change buckets if needed. if u didnt and just dropped the cams in. i'd suggest u undo what u've done and check them and change buckets on 1s that r out of spec. in an ideal world u'd upgrade the springs/retainers 2 handle a higher lift cam, but most people seem 2 pass on that. but at least get that lash right even if it means undoin it all and buyin a few buckets.

gj though on ur DIY. enjoy and good luck,

-Ult

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yellow, Ive got the same set up on my car. although ive got a tb on mine too.

I'd advise getting the cam gears tuned on a dyno and having it re-mapped.

Its loud but damn does it move.

Have fun dude

just try and drive quietly as you pass the cops

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Glad you got it man. FInally huh?
I hope that you don't get any tickets and let me know if that CD is of any use to you.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
FYI. The Crower catalog shows/recommends stock springs and retainers for the Stage 2 application.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have FC race header with bosal flex pipe, and borla exhaust. I HATE the noise level, took it around the block and thought I was driving the loudest ricer Honda EVER! It totally sucked, I hope I get used to it though. Any sugguestions for making it quiter without losing alot of horse?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by yellowlightning:
I have FC race header with bosal flex pipe, and borla exhaust. I HATE the noise level, took it around the block and thought I was driving the loudest ricer Honda EVER! It totally sucked, I hope I get used to it though. Any sugguestions for making it quiter without losing alot of horse?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I had a similar exhaust system setup and I couldn't handle it. But I think a bigger resonator would get rid of some of the sound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts