Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Yep, just rode the other day in a co-worker's SRT he got for exactly sticker.........

don't blame a dealer for trying.........

·
Registered
733 Posts
I was quoted $25,000 Canadian...

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Yep, just rode the other day in a co-worker's SRT he got for exactly sticker.........

don't blame a dealer for trying.........

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah a dealer by me got there first one in.They were asking sticker but they had sold it only 4 hours after they pulled it off the trailer!! They have 2 more coming in about 2 weeks, gonna see what they will give me for a trade in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I want one...but I figure I can keep the Focus looks and have the SRT-4 performance with the additional help of a Turbo Tom Kit. That is after I find a job, work there for a few years, catch up with everything, and make sure I keep the job longer then 2 weeks without being laid off. I figure it should take about 5 years before the ol Focus is turbocharged.

·
Registered
96 Posts
New 02 SVT Focus = 13,000 (Yes this can be done)
Turbo Tom's Kit = 5,800
Shipping from CA = 1,200 (Round Trip)
Total Price = $20,000

That is the same as The SRT-4, but you would have more power, better handling, and luxuries like Leather/power windows (not availible in the SRT)

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Dont forget about giving up the big W...if that matters to any one.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Dealers actually post the words "Dealer mark up" on cars' stickers?!?

I always assumed that they found a more clever, weasle-like way of jacking up the price on hot new cars...
...not blatant like that srt.

That sticker might as well say: "IDB NO LUBE MARK-UP=$4500" That's 25% of the car's price...jeez!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Originally posted by InsertCleverNameHere:
Dealers actually post the words "Dealer mark up" on cars' stickers?!?

I always assumed that they found a more clever, weasle-like way of jacking up the price on hot new cars...
...not blatant like that srt.

That sticker might as well say: "IDB NO LUBE MARK-UP=$4500" That's 25% of the car's price...jeez!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah or sometimes they will use Market Value Adjustment.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
A friend of mine here in Detroit REALLLLLY wants one, but they haven't even come to Michigan yet! What's up with that? And he's pretty much resigned himself to waiting a few more months for the markups to disappear.

Oh, and these cost to get a turbocharged Focus? Don't forget to add another $3000 for a built engine, and Toms chip still won't run as well as the Dodge factory tune.

·
Registered
52 Posts
if dealers have to be greedy, i'd rather they came straight out like that and said "more dough" and not do anything to the car. i hate it when they charge 2000 for pin stripes, 1500 for door edge guards, 1500 for mud flaps and another 1700 for undercarriage rustproofing. a dealer was doing that on new Evolutions. i was surprised he didn't try the "landau" cloth roofs ala cadillac dealers...

·
Registered
538 Posts
God neons make me sick, they are death traps.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by OC_SVT:
New 02 SVT Focus = 13,000 (Yes this can be done)
Turbo Tom's Kit = 5,800
Shipping from CA = 1,200 (Round Trip)
Total Price = $20,000

That is the same as The SRT-4, but you would have more power, better handling, and luxuries like Leather/power windows (not availible in the SRT)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ya, there must be ,what, a few thousand SVT's to be had for $13,000.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by Shmoges:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Sadly there's always dumb ****s like you on FJ hating on the SRT-4 or Neons.

I hate the Focus - it's a ****ing "death trap" too! It makes me sick, but I do have a legitimate reason for it.
After all the **** (problems, recalls, bad quality, no reliability whatsoever) I went through with the Focus, I won't get another Ford...EVAR!!!!

But unlike you, I will give the Focus a chance. Recently I have not encountered a problem with the car and I hope I won't encounter any more problems with it. If this (no problems with the Focus) becomes more common for my car, then I won't mind keeping the piece of ****.

[ 05-31-2003, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: Hi-Risk ]

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by Shmoges:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">God Foci make me sick, they are death traps.

EDIT: I need the smilies.

[ 05-31-2003, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: OmniFocus ]

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by Hi-Risk:
If this (no problems with the Focus) becomes more common for my car, then I won't mind keeping the piece of ****.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm glad to hear it isn't acting up lately! :knockonwood: You are one of the people that is justified in disliking Foci!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Hi-Risk:
If this (no problems with the Focus) becomes more common for my car, then I won't mind keeping the piece of ****.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm glad to hear it isn't acting up lately! :knockonwood: You are one of the people that is justified in disliking Foci!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Heh, I'm kinda liking it now but if more problems happen then you know what happens...

I do have a good reason to dislike Foci, but I do like them too. Especially if they are done right, because they can be ****ing badass.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts