Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone read the car and driver issue "power crazy"?? look on page92 it'll be on the top left!!!! the volvo C30 is comming out late 2006!! its a 3 door hatchback it gos from $20-24K the engines, 2.4l 168 I-5, and a turbo 2.5 with 218hp the transmitions that it offers are five speed manual, and automatic, also a six speed manual

OMG iam so excited!!! i would soo buy this over a focus!!!!

oh check out this link heres what it looks like..

http://www.volvocars.com/_Tier2/NewsEvents/News/default.htm

The Dirt Road

The littlest Volvo, a quicker Quattroporte, and more...
BY TONY QUIROGA
April 2005

The littlest Volvo: Something smaller than the S40 sedan will be arriving at Volvo dealers by the end of 2006, confirms Hans-Olov Olsson, the CEO of Volvo Cars. Likely to be dubbed the C30, the diminutive Swede will be a front-drive hatchback coupe powered by either a four- or five-cylinder engine and built on the same platform as the S40. Styling will be reminiscent of the Safety concept car shown in Detroit in 2001 and the 3CC concept shown in Shanghai last fall. The little Volvo is part of an ambitious plan to increase sales from 460,000 to 600,000 by the end of the decade.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=29&article_id=9302&page_number=1

p.s this car is gona kick A!!

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
it is a focus

(for $24,000 there are lots of things that are better than a focus)

·
I'm the 'intellectual' here
4,225 Posts
it is a focus

It is a Focus ST170 to be more precise...the one that those smelly, hairy armpitted Euro-freakos are getting...but not us. (No offense to any smelly, hairy armpitted Euro-freaks
)

We get a Volvo...and you know what? I don't care...because we still get the car, and I am just glad it isn't going to be in the price range of the rest of the Volvo line.

If I have the cash in the next few years (which I probably won't until I get my degree) the Ford Fiesta and this Volvo will be joining my 05 Focus.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is a focus

Better looking, safer too probley in a year they'll have a awd one.. ill wait for that or even a C30R.. oh yeah hehe

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
but you have no idea what its going to look like

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
it is a focus

It is a Focus ST170 to be more precise...the one that those smelly, hairy armpitted Euro-freakos are getting...but not us. (No offense to any smelly, hairy armpitted Euro-freaks
)

We get a Volvo...and you know what? I don't care...because we still get the car, and I am just glad it isn't going to be in the price range of the rest of the Volvo line.

If I have the cash in the next few years (which I probably won't until I get my degree) the Ford Fiesta and this Volvo will be joining my 05 Focus.
No it is not a Focus ST170, the ST170 is the SVT Focus you can buy in the US. The MKII Focus ST is what you are refering to as the Volvo S30

·
I'm the 'intellectual' here
4,225 Posts
it is a focus

)

No it is not a Focus ST170, the ST170 is the SVT Focus you can buy in the US. The MKII Focus ST is what you are refering to as the Volvo S30
I said a Focus ST170, not the Focus ST170. But you are correct...I should have been a bit more clear on the fact.

·
Registered
275 Posts
A focus ST170 is not made anymore, so you meant the ST170. 170 refered to the horsepower rating, the new car would be ST220. Just admit that you're wrong.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Hrmm, if your going for performance....for $24k why wouldn't you just get a Evo, or a WRX STi. Cause I beat those will knock the pants of that volvo.

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
I Don't know it looks ok, but it seems to use up alot of space with the funky hatch.... For my little focus I bought a table and 5! chairs and loaded them into it. You probably can't do that with that car....
-bix

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
A focus ST170 is not made anymore, so you meant the ST170. 170 refered to the horsepower rating, the new car would be ST220. Just admit that you're wrong.
Well technicly according to Audo Build magazine and their new test on the ST it would be a ST225. They test drove this car on the Nuerburgring and it ws 15 sec FASTER than the Focus RS!!!!

Still looking for the info. Found this A3 Cabrio:

And the BMW 1 series cabrio:

Cool new Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione:

WOW a VW Caravan for 2007 North American markey cool.

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
Well technicly according to Audo Build magazine and their new test on the ST it would be a ST225. They test drove this car on the Nuerburgring and it ws 15 sec FASTER than the Focus RS!!!!
Nice... very nice!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Would it look something like this?

Volvo front end on the ST that a couple of people in the concepts forum completed for me...

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm waiting for the R version (well, hoping).

OK, I'm hoping for any tight compact. Mid-engine would be sweet.
Need to get a few miles more out of the ST and a new roof on the house

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Hmm 5 door.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
See This Thread For Every Thing You Need On The C30:

Clicky

I Do My Best To Keep It Up To Date.

I am also very excited about this car and expect to make it my next car

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Would it look something like this?

Volvo front end on the ST that a couple of people in the concepts forum completed for me...
Yes it will!! Nice job on the chop!! looks very sexy!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts