Ford Focus Forum banner

On an Auto....

496 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Bmorezx3 
#1 ·
Which header should i go with JBA or 4-2-1 header. I know that the JBA is good for low and mid gains, gimme opinions.

#2 ·
i have been thinking the exact same thing. though if you get a shorty, you better also invest in a new cat and/or off-road pipe. low end is real important for us autos. however, the latest dyno of their 4-1 from FS shows no loss (EVER) above 2500 rpms...it doesn't take TOO long to get there. im at 2000 right off idle.

#6 ·
Is your car your daily driver? IMO, intake,exhaust,underdrive pulley, and a shorty header makes is a good setup just for a daily driver. Also the atx-75 isn't the strongest tranny out there so watch how much you do to your motor. I know my friend blew up his tranny punching his car on the highway.

#7 ·
yea my car is a daily, i already have a borla exhaust, iceman intake, the only thing else i wanna do is a header and possibly UDP... so what is the real difference between 4-1 and 4-2-1??

#8 ·
The real difference is 2 pipes in the middle

#9 ·
I have a Kamikazi header comming in a few days. The intent is to use this with an ACIII kit, but it will be installed/run before the AC install. As I have the high dollar penalty ATX, I will be able to give a report on this header. Current mods are cam gears (0,0), FC 2pc pulleys, ported 2000 manifold, 65mm tb, stock header w/FC high flow cat, FC flex, and MBRP cat back. I had a nice MAC intake, but sold it. I'm looking for something suitable for the FI set up and may pick up the FC unit to fit the 70mm MAf I'll be using. I'm also running a FordChip.

#14 ·
stock header w/FC high flow cat
Interesting, I've never come across that set up before. Does it work well?
same setup i have on my 5-speed. stock header/fc hfc/bosal flex/thermal. getting rid of the stock cat does A LOT in freeing up exhaust restrictions. i would consider it as important as a cat-back. definitely worth the money.

not to mention it also weighs about 10lbs compared to the 30+ for the stock cat. so you gain hp and drop a little unnecessary weight.

Nate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.