Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 05 zx4 se. i have not done any big or extensive mod on my car it does not have abs brakes . i wanted to go to cross drilles rotors but they seem hard to get without sloted . i dont want to spend alot of money on a brake system on a basic daily driver type car but i do want to go to some car meets and do a little track time sooooo. i have been looking at power stop cross drilled and sloted rotors has any one used them are they up to par or a ebay type specisl.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have run brembo cross drilled on a 01 zx3 and never had a problem . ive known a few guts who have run cross and sloted and have had warping problems . i was looking for experiences with focus drivers who have run different set ups . so far you are the only responce ive gotten and i thank you for taking the itme to share your experience and recommendation.

·
Kristina's Culvert
1,127 Posts
This is a controversial topic on FJ but I've had fantastic results from the EBC dimpled and slotted rotors that I'm running with Mintex pads. No warping, no cracking and none of the other supposed detriments of "bling".

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
ah, yes tolus, but i doubt highly that you are using the brakes to the point where that little bit matters. the slotted dopes eat pad material a little faster though, and if its for blong factor, slotted/ dimpled is fine for a DD. but if youre going for perf, blanks is the only way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts