Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm trying to catch up w u guys, so I got a magnaflow exhaust and put it on a couple of days ago. My Question is is there a break in period? I Noticed that my tip is already black, and there is this "cold bacon grease" looking stuff coming out of the pipe.
Also it kinda smells like melting plastic when I and at a stop. Just wondering if this is typical and nothing to worry about, or if its something else.

Next step header..
p.s. It sounds real nice expecially with a aem intake. he he he

THANKS!!

[ 01-25-2003, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: bumpmaster ]

·
LET'S GO RIDE BIKES
2,760 Posts
Yeah I think there is a break-in or burn-out period. My Magnaflow stunk for a while after install but it goes away eventually. Never seen the bacon grease though. Maybe try cookin' breakfast on the stove insted
j/k...

Robb

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
My Magnaflow smelled pretty awful for about 3 weeks (around 900 miles) and by then the smell was gone. I couldn't smell it on the highway, only when idling at a stop, so I wasn't bothered by it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
don't worry, it will go away in 2weeks. For the tip, give it a brush and it will shine again.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by slider_rider:
so magnaflow has a deep tone to it and its loud enough to hear at a stop light?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not unless you are at full throttle. It is deep enough that it goes unnoticed by most... like the cops. That's why I like it.

Of course, I had to cut off the silly tip for further steath.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love the sound it makes, When you come to a stop, it has a deep rumble to it, not to loud. When you take off its the same, thru 1st gear it has that low rumble, past 2d you can hardly notice it, that it unless you have it floored

·
Registered
857 Posts
Just thought i add this.
The smell is normal, everyone is right, theres just a "break-in-period" till it goes away.

BUT...for those who dont have an exhaust and may have been wondering. This is not just something that happens to a magnaflow exhaust. It happens to all of them.

LOL, didnt want to give magnaflow or any other exhaust brand a bad name, just thought i'd add that.

have a great day guys
josh
YD Performance

1 - 11 of 11 Posts