Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just telling my bro in law that im getting an iceman intake for my car. but he told be just to get a zetec intake. if i do id get a mac short ram i said. but ive searched on various forums & it said that most intakes connect to the tb with a rubber connector, so couplers/reducers are useless. i told him that & he says he knows what to do. he can even cut the intake pipe if he has to(hes done it on cars before) well.....im not toooo sure about this, but a mac short ram would be nice. any replies to this would be of great help to me

oh btw, dont tell me to buy a tb, cuz bdr aint making em right now, dont know if they will anytime soon. and besides, im gonna port my tb.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
focus central and focus performance are selling BDR tb's. just so you know. so if the intake goes on with a ruber coupler. (90* coupler) then just put a reducer on the end of that coupler. they are usually pretty stiff. why would you want a mac ram over an iceman anyway? I think you would be happier with the iceman setup.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i read a lot of good things about the iceman. but he keeps telling me dont get anything plastic. and by keeping the stock air box, ill be practically doing nothing to my car, cuz the stock intake is plastic too.

i dont know what to believe darn it!

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
I was never a fan of the iceman either, it certainly dosent look like it will do much. but the people that use it on here SWEAR BY IT. maybe search the zetec forum for opinions on the iceman. If it were me, and I wasnt gonna get the BDR TB, I would buy the volant. you can definately use a reducer on it and its light years beyond the MAC intake. Anote on plastic. The heat difference is negligable but the plastic does not transfer heat as much as metal. like I said the difference is negligable, but point of fact is the same. get what you want, you're the one that has to drive it everyday.

im gonna port my tb.
I dont know how. there is no room to port a SPI TB. its not like the zetec at all. same inside diameter but no fluff to mill into.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts