Ford Focus Forum banner

Only one with the 5-door?

914 views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  USAF_TRobertson 
#1 ·
I have yet to see another 4 door SVT on here besides mine! All you 4 door SVT owners holler back now, if there are any

BTW was the moonroof an option on the 4 door?

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Only one with the 4-door?

Do you have any pictures? I believe the moonroof is an option on the 5 doors.

#3 ·

there are probably 3 or 4 others on here and you can probably search for it..however, use 5 door in your search, not 4 door. And you can search team rigz as well.

I have seen a red one and sonic blue one.

#7 ·

I've got a silver/with moonroof. stock yet only had it a month. Will go borla and boost. still finishing on my ZX5. No pics , don't have camera/software. love the car.

#8 ·
5-door here - got it 8/21 - loaded w/everything - HID, moonroof, Audiophile, cold weather pack.

I was tempted to get an SVTF last year, but nixed it because there was no 5-door! I love it!

Now, to make you 3-door folks eat your hearts out - the Audiophile package supposedly includes (plus the sub) only upgraded front speakers on those cars, but upgraded front and rear on ours!

Who knows, though - probably just a Ford typo.

#9 ·

By the way - love that Sonic Blue one - that's rare - they were going to phase that color out, I thought. Didn't expect to see any 5-doors in it. I looked all over for one.

#10 ·
5-door here - got it 8/21 - loaded w/everything - HID, moonroof, Audiophile, cold weather pack.
That's funny. You got your car the same day that I got mine.
I just have the Audiophile and Moonroof though.

They had that Sonic Blue one on the lot for MONTHS. It was the last one in the area so I got it because I love the color so much. I wanted a 3 door but those were ever harder to find in Sonic than the 5 door. Now that I have the 5 door I am really enjoying it and glad I got it over the 3 door.

#11 ·
I also got HID and audiophile and winter pkg., but after hearing the bs on traction control wished I didnt get winter pkg.

#14 ·
I also got HID and audiophile and winter pkg., but after hearing the bs on traction control wished I didnt get winter pkg.
what's the BS on traction control?
Traction Control = When a wheel is slipping say on snow or wet roads the computer senses the slippage and sends power to the opposite wheel with traction by applying the brake. Downside is that it hampers performance in like autoX racing.

Limited Slip Differential = Applying equal power to both driving wheels to improve performance and control wheel spin on take off.

Keep in mind I might be off a bit on the actual above descriptions,if so someone feel free to correct me.

#15 ·
Traction control on these cars operates at all speeds, which is nice. Problem with T/C on these cars is that hitting the defeat switch only kills the T/C from 20mph on up - from 0-20, T/C is still active. If you get wheelspin on a hard launch or let's say powering out of a tight curve so that the unloaded inside wheel spins, the T/C comes on, even though in those instances you may not wish it to. The defeat switch should really defeat it completely.

As for how the T/C operates on these cars, I don't know if it selectively applies brakes only, or if it also retards timing, killing engine power, also, or even acts as a fuel cutoff in extreme (like winter driving) cases.

#16 ·
I wanted a 3 door but those were ever harder to find in Sonic than the 5 door. Now that I have the 5 door I am really enjoying it and glad I got it over the 3 door.
I am with you! I know that some on these boards feel that the 5-door is "stodgy" or something - frankly, there is not a whole lot of difference between the looks of the 3- and 5-door cars. With some cars (3-series BMW, for example), there is really a dramatic difference between the 2-door and 4-door, although both are great-looking cars. Not so with the Focus.

The weight of the 5-door is like 65-70 lbs. more, which is about what 3/4 of a tank of gas weighs - not a lot of difference. Car & Driver tested a 3-door and did 0-60 in 7.8 seconds, and then they tested a 5-door and did it in 7.7, and the 5-door ran the quarter quicker, too - that's within production line variance. Since the extra weight is coming in close to the rear wheels, I would say that front/rear weight bias is slightly better in the 5-doors, but again, nothing you would probably notice.

#17 ·
Traction control on these cars operates at all speeds, which is nice. Problem with T/C on these cars is that hitting the defeat switch only kills the T/C from 20mph on up - from 0-20, T/C is still active. If you get wheelspin on a hard launch or let's say powering out of a tight curve so that the unloaded inside wheel spins, the T/C comes on, even though in those instances you may not wish it to. The defeat switch should really defeat it completely.

As for how the T/C operates on these cars, I don't know if it selectively applies brakes only, or if it also retards timing, killing engine power, also, or even acts as a fuel cutoff in extreme (like winter driving) cases.
I was just curious, that's all.

I have the advance-trac feature on my regular zx5, and 'BS'about something usually implies it's crap... just wonderin' what the grip was...

#18 ·

I was just curious, that's all.

I have the advance-trac feature on my regular zx5, and 'BS'about something usually implies it's crap... just wonderin' what the grip was...
Advance-Trac is a different animal - that is (in addition to being T/C) also a stability-enhancement, anti-skid, anti-sideways thing. It will selectively brake different wheels to in effect steer you out of a sideways skid. The traction-control on the SVT is just that - it prevents the drive wheels from spinning faster than the non-driven wheels. The SVT does have a more advanced flavor of ABS than other Focuses, though - I think.

Everything you never wanted to know about the SVT...

#19 ·
I liked the 5 door just out of convenience mostly. That way when you have you don't have people climbing over your seats and whatnot.

Another plus I like about it is it breaks up the body lines better opposed to the 3 door where you have a big blank panel where the door should be.

I like how the 3 door has a longer driver/passenger door though as I have to ride with the seat pretty far back (6'4").

Has anyone hacked that damn TC yet?!

#20 ·
The bs on the TCis,.. I planned on boosting my SVT. I put a blower on the car the break the wheels loose, the computer tells the engine to slowdown and the brakes to brake. Duh what's the point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.