Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, well it sounds nutty (and i'm sure someone has done it) but I want to make a whole on top of the Focus Sport ITG intake that I have (which Rocks alreadY) and install one of those hood scoops from Focus Tunning .com . I would design a little door to use when its raining, so I know that water can be bad. Has anyone done this or have pics/links to check this out. I know that getting cold air to that intake will help a lot. I know this for a fact because my car pulls WAAAAYYYYY harder when its early in the morning and just fired up the car.
Thanks

jp

·
Registered
713 Posts
may sound goofy - remember Smokey and the Bandit ? the TA had a vaccuum operated door on that scoop . so your idea , while not original in theory , is a sound one , GO FOR IT MAN!! thats cool .
hope the TA flapper gives you an idea how to do it - try a heat stove flapper from an old V8 air cleaner .plumb on a vac. switch (or maybe a short throw electric motor switched to TB!?) ingenuity goes a ways if you plan it right

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hocus Focus ZX3 has a WRX hood scoop on his old focus..hit him up to see what he did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts