Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to bring up another thread, but..... I found a used, 2003 SVTF with Euro package at a Ford dealer near by. The car has only 4000 miles. Heres the kicker they are asking $20k. What was sticker and what is it really worth? I would like to know before I drive over 45 minutes to go and look at it.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
that is basically full price. people are getting them for about 17k I believe after incentives. Considering they don't mark up the euro package that much more(I have seen brand new one's with the same sticker price as non-euro) with that mileage and the incentives you should be able to get it for closer to 15.5 or so. I wouldn't pay anymore and possible even cheaper.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Sorry to bring up another thread, but..... I found a used, 2003 SVTF with Euro package at a Ford dealer near by. The car has only 4000 miles. Heres the kicker they are asking $20k. What was sticker and what is it really worth? I would like to know before I drive over 45 minutes to go and look at it.
LOL... 20 K for a car that's not only used but is alot heavier than the normal SVT.
I'm sorry that seems like they are asking you to bend over on that one!

Here's what Kelly Blue Book says
Engine: 4-Cyl. 2.0 Liter 16V
Trans: 6 Speed Manual
Drive: Front Wheel Drive
Mileage: 4,000

Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Multi Compact Disc
Premium Sound
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Leather
Power Seat
Moon Roof
Rear Spoiler
Premium Wheels

Retail Value $16,080
The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value represents the amount an auto dealer might ask for a specific vehicle. The Suggested Retail Value is a starting point for negotiation therefore the actual sale price will vary. Popularity, condition, warranty, color and local market conditions will be factors involved in determining a final price. This retail value is not a trade-in or private party value.
This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the vehicle has been fully reconditioned and has a clean title history. The Suggested Retail Value also allows for advertising, sale commissions, insurance and other costs of doing business as a dealer. Most vehicles being offered at this price have passed an inspection and some may carry a warranty.

·
Registered
262 Posts
remove

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
that is basically full price. people are getting them for about 17k I believe after incentives. Considering they don't mark up the euro package that much more(I have seen brand new one's with the same sticker price as non-euro) with that mileage and the incentives you should be able to get it for closer to 15.5 or so. I wouldn't pay anymore and possible even cheaper.
Fact. I just went to the Ford dealer here in Arlington and spoke to the sales manager who I have known for over 20 years. They will not sell a Euro Focus for 15,500. The incentive is 3,000. The car lists for almost 20,600. No way Ford is coming down 5,100. Someone scan a contract. Sorry, but I have to wave the bull$hit flag here. Keep in mind these prices are plus TT&L. On a late model used you can fudge the sales tax factor. You write in 200.00 bucks as the selling price. You save big on sales tax alone. Another reason to buy low mile used. You have to read the contract closely. What looks like a big cut on a car deal and you will get screwed on the interest rate. The Ford dealerships are in business to make money, not give away cars. 15,500 will not happen as new in a Euro. Again, Scan a Contract and prove it.

16,600 after incentives plus TT&L on a new <non euro> with the Winter Package.
15.5 is what he said the guy should pay for the USED SVT Euro! This car is used, it has 4000 miles on it already!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, its on the USED car lot. I thought $18k sounded about right, glad I asked! I asked a dealer about 2 blocks from my office what they'd sell a new SVTF for, they said *X-PLAN* was $19668 (sticker was $21+)!?!?!?! Minus a $2000 incentive (must be different here in MI?). This was a 3 door with all options (winter, moonroof, HID and audiophile), all the left overs they have are loaded. I really like the look and seats of the Euro, but only really want moonroof and audiophile. Is there anyway to search dealer inventories without actually calling them? Id like to test drive and possibly buy one, but $20k after X-plan seems high for a Focus (no offense, I only paid $22 for my 99 Lightning almost 2 years ago).

·
Registered
262 Posts
remove

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Re: Fish Stories....

max.. the fact is... incentives or no.. The price of a new car WILL dictate the price that a used model should go for.

If a new car BEFORE incentives is 20K, and 15K after incentives, that does not give a dealer the right to sell a used car for 17K! They will have to sell it lower than the new car with incentives.

Seems to me you're confused on the way the market works. Those "ebay" auctions that didn't sell, are not because the buyer expected to pay to little, but the seller expected to recieve to much!!

The consumer and market conditions dictate pricing. SVT's are not selling like hot-cakes and just like last year, Ford is offering rebates to get them off the lot. KBB is the standard in used car pricing. And if they say that the car should go for 16K with 4K miles on it, then that's what a consumer should expect to pay. That dealer will be sitting on that 20K used SVT for QUITE some time.

Granted SonicBluSVT's 15.5 might have been a little off, but geeze, is it something to get all up in Arms over? The fact is you thought it was new car and he's talking used. He's not far off from the truth!

SVTLightning.... I payed low low 19K (out the door after everything) for my SVT on X-Plan. There is a place to search dealer inventory, but i can't find the part that lets you search SVT inventory. I used to know where it was, but I dunno anymore. Sorry
This is the search now, but no SVT...
http://www1.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/default.jsp

·
Registered
262 Posts
remove

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Your talking from a sellers perspective, and this guy is asking from a buyers perspective. So I don't see your point. You can argue all day long, but 20K for a used SVT is crap Euro or otherwise! I wouldn't pay over KBB ever... that's just me!

I'm not in the market to buy, so I'm not going to go buy one just to prove you wrong and show you an invoice! But realistically if your much over KBB, your being screwed.

·
Registered
262 Posts
remove

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Madmax,

what is your deal? Wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I love all these Fact, raise the [censored] flag statements. They mean crap for what we are talking about here. No need to get bent out of shape. Like bel said, this is a used car. Not new. I don't have a contract or the sticker on the car, but I saw first hand a yellow euro package focus and the sticker on the window was right around 21k. Ok so my original post may have said 20k. Big deal. I don't have it in front of me so it was a rounding error.

Others who have posted on here the prices they paid for their euro package brand new have been around 17.5-17.9 after rebates/incentives and whatever else they were offering.

the guy was asking if the USED car was worth what the sticker said of 20k. HELL NO! Are they going to increase the warranty the extra 4k, no. So why pay basically new price for a used car. I am not sure if you can get the incentives for a used car or not, but if you can't it is more of a rip off. yes the dealers can price the cars as they please, but the customers won't buy when they know they are getting screwed.

The 15.5 is what I think someone should pay for that car. If others are paying even 18k for new, 15.5 or maybe 16k would be about right. Hell, drive a new one off the lot and they depreciate by almost 50%.

And like you said, no incentives on used..only new. I didn't know that nor research it. I was saying if they did offer them. So now you are talking 20k for a used car on a used car lot when sticker on a new one is only 1000 or 1500 more or whatever...then new with incentives is 17.5 or so. Give me a break. Not a tuff decision.

Now he could go and see about wheeling and dealing and show interest and talk like he wants it..and work the salesman. They will come down. Not sure if they will drop it enough though.

Anyway, bottom line, the car isn't worth 20k or anywhere near it. And for a 45min drive it isn't worth trying to wheel and deal. Wait till the end of the yr when they drop the prices and offer incentives and search the country to find the one you want.

I feel screwed because of buying mine and the dealer said they never budge on SVT prices. [censored], 2 months later the prices dropped 3k and then offered incentives on top of that. Yeah the dealers are in it to make money. That is why the thing is marked so damn high! I call BS on the dealer!

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Re: Fish Stories II..... <revisted>

22,540 for a Euro. Talk is cheap. Scan me a contract on a used or new Euro at 17,000 and the beer is on me! Confused on the market=NOT. I sold Fords, excuse me. The cars as you say sit on the lot. They simply are not giving them away at 17,000 for a dang Euro. Prove it. End of story.

I raise the bull$hit flag again....
HERE is a competition SVT at my local dealership for $22690.

HERE is a scan of the Buyer's order for my 2003 SVT Focus 5 door with Audiophile and Moonroof. As you can see from the scan, I got the A-plan price, knocking about 11% off the price of the car. I also got a $2000 rebate. There is ANOTHER $1000 rebate if you finance through Ford. I did not get this rebate as they were able to get me a lower APR (4.9%) by not getting that rebate....I have bad credit and it would have been MUCH higher otherwise.

Now, I am not sure what the A-plan price on a $22,690 SVT Comp package is, but if I apply the 11% that I saved to the $22,690, I get a price of $20,315. If you apply the $2000 rebate on SVTs AND the $1000 rebate for financing through Ford, that brings the price of the SVT Comp package to $17,315.

Is that enough evidence for you Mr. Fact......Mr. BS Flag.....Mr. chill the HELL OUT!

·
Registered
262 Posts
remove

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

Madmax, you may want to read his post again....

"HERE is a scan of the Buyer's order for my 2003 SVT Focus 5 door with Audiophile and Moonroof. As you can see from the scan, I got the A-plan price, knocking about 11% off the price of the car. I also got a $2000 rebate. There is ANOTHER $1000 rebate if you finance through Ford. I did not get this rebate as they were able to get me a lower APR (4.9%) by not getting that rebate....I have bad credit and it would have been MUCH higher otherwise."

he never said he had the euro package. his scan was for his 5 door svt...not a euro package. Now, I may misunderstand what he means after that, but my assumption is this, he had the different disconts of A-plan and than an additional 3k off at most. If you apply these rebates to the price of a Euro package price, which appears he got from the link he provided above the scanned sheet and it appears based on the description it is the euro package svt, than the price would be down like we have been saying. And I also assume he meant competition orange and not just competition svt. I checked and didn't see the color specified.

Either way, this poor kid just posted to see if the used car was worth 20k to go look at it and it isn't. So why you have to turn it into some BS techincal numbers crap is beyond me. Simple math. When the incentives are available on the new svtf's, you can pick them up from 17.5 to 18.5. Some dealers will give more off sticker, some won't. Big deal. a used svtf euro or not is no where near worth 20k. And thats the bottom line!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts

There's no way I'd pay 20k for a used SVT (Euro or not) and I'd definatly not purchase it from a dealership.

Given what has happened with the SVTF in the past 2 years, I'd hold out until Ford throws some nice rebates at ya. I think there was a 3000 rebate on the 02's at one point and you could snag a non euro SVT up for about 15-17 tho OTD. At that point, I'd probably concider a Euro for about 18,000 which would go along with Bela's opinion. Drive that sucker off the dealer lot and watch the 2g's fly by ya then she'd be worth the 16 used

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

"gentlemen" please! All I wanted was opinions and facts on what the car was worth, I didnt intended to start a pi**ing contest! I appreciate all the info, really. But everyone just step back and take a deep breath.

I just got a call from the dealer, seems they found a "NOS" (new-old stock) 2002 SVT Lightning on one of their storage lots, seems it got "lost" and they didnt realize it was still in stock. The truck is brand new, no miles and never titled. He called me as one of the first because he knows Im into SVT's. They may be willing to take $25k for it! Hmmmm $20k+ for a used SVTF, or $25k for a "new" Lightning..... I think the *additional* 210hp (380hp total, yes and about 1400lbs) may help sway the descision, if this turns out be for real.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

damn straight..get the lightning. Then when they come out with the next generation cobra you can get that and have the perfect tow vehicle for it!

damn...wish I could have found a deal like that.

·
Registered
262 Posts
remove

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.