Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car currently has Pioneer Premier TS-D801P which are discontinued. I was looking at the newer model Pioneer Premier TS-D802P but I'm a little hesitant. You see, I'm a total Headbanger and I LOVE my metal music loud. I usually keep the volume at 45 or 50 out of 62. You can't hear yourself speak. But, it seems to be too loud for my current speakers. At lower levels of music it crackles =(

Can anyone recommend a speaker that can handle such loud music or at least some design components I should be looking for?

·
Registered
784 Posts
A good place to ask/ search this would be in the ICE forum. There are lots of tried and true set ups in there.

·
Registered
431 Posts
re 5x7 loud as h e l l and only about 60 bucks per set

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
re 5x7 loud as h e l l and only about 60 bucks per set
My current set is 6x8 & 5x7 (but that should be obvious since its a ford). They are loud enough but I don't think they can handle the volumes that I prefer. So I need speakers that can be like, "Heavy Metal? Psh, childs play." :rock:

·
MS Paint PWNS ME!
9,807 Posts
Personally, I'm thoroughly enjoying my stock speakers. The two front ones were blown when I bought the car and still are

:lol:

Considering all the stuff I've done to my car, I'm pretty disappointed in myself that I haven't gotten new speakers yet :(

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
if your speakers cannot handle the loudness, just think what your ears are doing. Too many years of loud stereos, concerts and clubs have given me tenitus in a bad way.

·
MS Paint PWNS ME!
9,807 Posts
if your speakers cannot handle the loudness, just think what your ears are doing. Too many years of loud stereos, concerts and clubs have given me tenitus in a bad way.
It wasn't me, it was the dumbass who owned the car before me. I hope his hearing is shot and for other bad things to happen to him for all the stupid **** done to my car that I've had to undo

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
My stock speakers are uncomfortably loud when cranked halfway up. I used to have two 8" bazookas in the trunk but i had to pull one out 'cause i thought the hatch glass was going to break. When i did that, the other one stopped working and i just don't have the time to try and figure out what went wrong.

·
Go ahead - ask me how Chalz' huge, bulging, fearle
3,240 Posts
Stock Audiophile speakers, (5 doors get good Audiophile speakers in the rear doors too unlike the 3 door models) a JL Stealth box which is loaded with like a 10W3 I think, and an Alpine 250W Class D Amp. Plenty of bump of for me. If I were to replace the door speakers I would probably get a set of Boston Acoustics 6.5" components like these They come with 5x7" mounting brackets too so they would be an easy install. 150W RMS will blow your doors off with a good 300x2 amplifier.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Stock Audiophile speakers, (5 doors get good Audiophile speakers in the rear doors too unlike the 3 door models) a JL Stealth box which is loaded with like a 10W3 I think, and an Alpine 250W Class D Amp. Plenty of bump of for me. If I were to replace the door speakers I would probably get a set of Boston Acoustics 6.5" components like these They come with 5x7" mounting brackets too so they would be an easy install. 150W RMS will blow your doors off with a good 300x2 amplifier.
Yep. Those components are what I want. Along with two stealth boxes and a pair of shallow mount 10" subs from Elemental Design.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kick ass! This is exactly what I was looking for :D The 60w RMS Pioneers just wasn't cutting it for me. But damn the prices sky rocket when I just searched for speakers with more than 75 RMS on crutchfield >.<

·
Go ahead - ask me how Chalz' huge, bulging, fearle
3,240 Posts
Ummmm Retail on those Boston Acoustics I listed is like $1100. They go for like $600 something in online discount places.......they ain't cheap.....but they're heavy hitters in the sound dept.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does anyone have or know someone that has speakers with an RMS above 60? I'd like to check them out in person.

·
Registered
431 Posts
re is the brand they are speakers made by us amps

·
Ninjas>Pirates
603 Posts
I run Boston Acoustics in the doors and rear and I love them.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
I am a big fan of Focal. I have them in the Jeep. The Beosystem I helped install in my friends MB 320 SL but he owned the shop and could afford the $5000 6.5 seperates. The access will get you in the door and the Utopia series are nice if you have the change for them. You have to watch them online as there are several chinese fakes out there. They say on their website they do not sell online and will not sell on Ebay.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts