657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FORD FOCUS ZETEC RACING

RACING CATBACK

ENTIRE RACE SETUP SYSTEM

STAINLESS STEEL SUPER STRONG

CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM

FORD FOCUS ZX3 WITH 2.0L ZETEC ENGINE

Features include large diameter mandrel-bent brushed T-304 stainless steel tubing, high-flow stainless steel muffler(s), chrome plated tip(s), stainless steel hardware, and easy bolt-on installation.

THIS IS A BRAND NEW SYSTEM - IN THE BOX FROM

BULLET MUFFLER AND BULLET STAINLESS TIP!

GUARANTEED TO ADD A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF H.P. TO YOUR

FORD FOCUS ZX3 ZETEC

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by zx3 focus racer:
what size is that tubing? on a NA car it would cause so many problems.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">doesn;t say???

what do you mean by NA??? exactly

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Originally posted by foci:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by zx3 focus racer:
what size is that tubing? on a NA car it would cause so many problems.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">doesn;t say???

what do you mean by NA??? exactly
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">NA means normally aspirated or more simply all motor (or no forced induction like turbos or superchargers and no nitrous.)

this system looks pretty cheaply made. most likely a custom job by someone trying to make a little extra dough. it would work, but i wouldn't pay over $250 for it as you can get a professionally made Magnaflow or MBRP system for around $300-330, much better quality for the money. you're not going to see any really large hp gains from any exhaust system alone, maybe 5-6 AT THE MOST.

again, this system looks pretty cheap in the quality department. i'd shop around at places like www.newedgeperformance.com www.mcnewsautomotive.com and places like that if you're looking for a good deal. ebay = shady.

Nate

EDIT: also, this system uses all clamp sections except for the flange at the very end. clamp = leak, the more flanges the better. and i've never heard of a bullet muffler...

[ 02-12-2003, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Bmorezx3 ]

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i persoanlly like the mbrp, but i seen this and hey, it doesn;t look bad to me for the price, it looks like under 175 for it

·
Registered
847 Posts
I'd hesitate simply due to the lack of specs provided.

Tubing size?
T-304 stainless throughout the whole system? Warranty?
"guaranteed to add substantial HP"? um...

MBRP, Borla or Bosal would be my recommendation!

·
Registered
582 Posts
you should just try a post in Buy/Sell saying you want an exhaust. Theres gotta be some high hp people out there looking to upgrade from a 2.25 to 3 inch. I got my MBRP this way - best $150 (shipped
)i ever spent

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by BlueByYou:
you should just try a post in Buy/Sell saying you want an exhaust. Theres gotta be some high hp people out there looking to upgrade from a 2.25 to 3 inch. I got my MBRP this way - best $150 (shipped
)i ever spent
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">WHAT!! i need to check that out

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
are you trying to sell it or are you asking what we think. as far as i can tell, you are just telling us about it

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Originally posted by zx3 focus racer:
are you trying to sell it or are you asking what we think. as far as i can tell, you are just telling us about it
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">he just copy/pasted the ebay ad in total. he's asking what we think of the system for his car.

Nate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts