Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some free time today, so I went to paint the underside of my hood black, and leave the support framing red. However, the only high temp paint I had was flat black, and now that I'm done, I'm not sure if I want flat black. (I didn't remove my masking yet, just pealed back a little)

However, Lowes doesn't carry a high-temp gloss black. Does anyone?

Should I stay flat, or go gloss?

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
wally world carries it...saw it tonight when i picked up some clearcoat.

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In case anyone was curious on how it came out:

I kinda like how it came out, kinda don't. I'll see how it settles with me. I would like to go up to the edged, but they aren't exactly attached to the hood, and is quite a bit of a gap, which I can't paint in.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Like it!

I'm surprised 'cause I usually go for the minimalist treatments, but my take on engine bay is to illustrate how stuff works ( form follows function)....so your hood applies that rule,

Nice work!

·
Registered
860 Posts
That looks pretty cool, actually...
...But gloss black might look better, especially if its really shiny...

Anywho, as was mentioned, Wally World carries gloss black...You shouldnt need 'high temp' paint, though...Engine paint should work fine, since the underside of your hood probably wont get any hotter than your engine...Unless you find high temp glass black paint...Then its your call...

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, the wally world by me carried the exact same stuff that I had. High-temp flat BBQ black. All other stuff said don't use if temps > 200, which could be close under there.

Ended up getting a clear coat from Autozone and glossing it a little with that.

Thanks for the compliments.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts