Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Going fast is not the case, no one said it has to be highway or public road, Ive got 2 kids and trust me I do have reason to live :)

The case is: Id like t try something probably noone tried before, swapping european ECU with US Focus. It looks like 104 pin layout is the same, even colors of wires are 99% same. Question is non existing EGR system and returnless fuel line in european Focus.

If I hook it up would it cope?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks. 370$ for new SCT flasher will not blow my budget, but only if it does what it says, then I would say money well spent :)

I'll go for it, and buy one directly from Fswerks or Ebay is better, cheaper? I just want to be sure I have all features included with the flasher box.

·
WHERES MY KEYS?!?
2,743 Posts
buy it from fswerks.. talk to him here first and tell him exactly what you want

if you buy it on ebay the best you are going to get is SCT strategy tunes and i dont know thats going to enable everything you are looking for.

thats if the ebay unit you get isn't locked, and works.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
If I still had my factory governor, I'd be topped out at the 1/8th mile and just waiting for the finish line. lol

As has been said, go with the SCT Xcal3 flasher through FSWerks. If you buy it knew from them, it's $379 for the flasher and the tune. If you were to buy one used, you may have to pay $150 for it used, then another $50-150 (forget the exact amount to have it unlocked by SCT), and then have to pay for the tune separately which may cost a couple hundred itself. You will come out cheaper just buying it new.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts