Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Gotta let me know how this works. I'm thinking about getting one for my Z. How much? How do the specs compare to the stock battery?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Silver, ya continue to amaze me. What is the part number on that Optima. I have been told that Optima does not make a batter for the focus.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zetecinside, so was I, until I put it in! It's a tight fit(battery cable length) but it goes in fine. Specs from website: Far higher power at cold and hot temperatures
Up to twice the life of other batteries
3 times the charge holding period of other batteries
15 times! more shock resistant than other batteries
Nonspillable and leakproof, even if punctured
More-constant voltage output across discharge curve
Lower internal resistance makes more power, less heat
Noncorrosive: Nonventing in normal use
Mountable in any position
( http://www.1st-optima-batteries.com/ )
I'll have to check on the part number. And I do intend to put on a bypass valve, I actually have it but need someone to put it on for me. I don't have exp. with cutting the CAI so I don't really want to mess with it. I paid $109 at Murrays. I usually don't shop there because the people there are pathetic but that's the cheapest I've seen it.

[ 07-28-2002: Message edited by: SilverBulletZTS ]</p>

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by zetecinside:
Silver, ya continue to amaze me. What is the part number on that Optima. I have been told that Optima does not make a batter for the focus.<hr></blockquote>

The reason you were told this is because the Focus has a reversed terminal design which just places the terminals in the rear of the battery instead of the front, I'm told that there will be a reverse Optima coming soon by why wait if this one fits?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a yellow top that fit good, had to strech the cables but they reach. and no more dimming headlights when the bass hits.
this is with a under drive pulley as well.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Optima only has one red top, one yellow top, and one blue top. So chances are if you get the red top you will be in business.

·
Registered
601 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Trifocal:
Optima only has one red top, one yellow top, and one blue top. So chances are if you get the red top you will be in business.
<hr></blockquote>

I was on their site last night and they had a few different styles/sizes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts