Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering a clutch and the guy says he only has an ACT clutch for 2001 focus. Are the tranny's the same?

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just ordered a Centerforce clucth for the MTX tranny on a DOHC engine.. From www.mcnewsautomotive.com.

what you have to watch out for is the tranny code. EX. the IB5 or the MTX75. the centerforce clutch I ordered was the 1" spline for the MTX75. also if your doing a new clutch.. I suggest pressure plate, and a new hydrolic slave cylinder. (aka Throw out bearing) Don't want to take out the tranny again anytime soon. Also resuface your flywheel to cure a future problem of uneven clutch wear. All in all, my trans job, which I done myself cost me nearly 600 for rebuild with new syncros, clutch and flywheel.

But to answer your question quickly. Check which trans you have, cause there are two different spline on the tranny which will not match the clutch. so give em a call to make sure

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Originally posted by Jbmeth007:
I just ordered a Centerforce clucth for the MTX tranny on a DOHC engine.. From www.mcnewsautomotive.com.

what you have to watch out for is the tranny code. EX. the IB5 or the MTX75. the centerforce clutch I ordered was the 1" spline for the MTX75. also if your doing a new clutch.. I suggest pressure plate, and a new hydrolic slave cylinder. (aka Throw out bearing) Don't want to take out the tranny again anytime soon. Also resuface your flywheel to cure a future problem of uneven clutch wear. All in all, my trans job, which I done myself cost me nearly 600 for rebuild with new syncros, clutch and flywheel.

But to answer your question quickly. Check which trans you have, cause there are two different spline on the tranny which will not match the clutch. so give em a call to make sure
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">When did ford change tranny's. I thought all 5-speeds are MTX-75?

I'm supposed to get a new tranny from ford and have a centerforce clutch put in at the same time..which tranny would they be giving me if its brand new?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
send that, how do you check which tranny code you have? <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
If your car is a manual transmission Zetec you have a MTX-75. If you have the SPI motor with a manual transmission you have an IB5.

·
Registered
379 Posts
also the code is printed on a plate on the top of the tranny, I believe its right under the motor mount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts