Ford Focus Forum banner

original question! (for once)

347 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  StickShifter 
#1 ·
ok...how hard would it be to retrofit another cars hood to our cars? it is aproximately the same size and even same shape (curvature and headlight shape wise) what kinda fabricating would be involved to make a custom hood scoop similar to the VIS invader hood and make the rest of the hood fit properly? i have never heard of anyone doing this...but then again i guess no one is cheap enough to trash pick a perfectly good hood to put on their vehicle...

See less See more
#2 ·
Its gonna take years to get all the gaps right and just to get it to sit right. Not to mention the lock is probably different. Dont get me wrong, it can be done, but for money, time, and effort that would need to be put into it, you might as well just buy a hood thats made for the car.

#5 ·
would have to agree with svt just buy one its cheaper and faster
yep
Maybe so, but his idea is definately different...And by 'different', I mean 'holy crap you are in for a lot of work, but I wish you luck and we better see pictures!!'
At the very least, trying it would be a valuable learning experience, and anyone within earshot will probably pick up some new curse words...

you are quite ballsy if you try this...Good luck...

#7 ·
yea i get where all of you are coming from but the thing is that i want an aftermarket scoop pretty much identical to the VIS invader style but i dont want it in carbon fiber and i cant find it in fiberglass. also...the hood was free so i think i might just do some experimenting with it. cant hurt i guess
thanks for everyones input

#9 ·
the hood was free
DING! DING! DING! ...If the hood didnt cost you anything, than you really have nothing to lose cept for some free time...I still say go for it...At the very least you are going to learn a lot...And it will be good practice for future projects...

One question, though...Why dont you want it in carbon fiber?? ...Is it just a cost thing, cos cf can (and should) be painted just like fiberglass...

But, youre right...It cant hurt...Unless you get your fingers in the way...Good luck, have fun, be safe, and let us know...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.