Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded in my 2001 ZX3 for a 2003.5 Classic Red Mazda Protege 5. Been wanting one since I bought the Focus two years ago.

Let the modding begin....all over again.

out with the old

and in with the new

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Good choice on the P5

I always liked your ZX3 though

good luck with it

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Yeah I'm gonna miss the Focus. It was pretty good to me and it was a blast to drive. But it was time to move on

And not sure about a turbo freekwonder. I was reading up on the hiboost one last week. Very tempting but if I did it would be a while. Besides I got the 5yr/100k warranty on mine. Hopefully by the time I make a decision like that someone will have made a supercharger. These are my near future plans.

-Injen intake
-Magnaflow catback
-Eibach springs and yet undecided struts
-5Zigen Super Six 17x7.5 /w 215/45-17 tires
-Short shifter
-Mazdaspeed pedals
-Canadian black housing headlights if I can find a good deal
-Tint of course

·
Registered
418 Posts
sounds like a nice list. let me know i have a 2generation TWM shifter im not using anymore. let me know if you get interested in it. (still has all the orginal parts)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MMI-ZX3, did you sell or trade your car with the mods on it, or did you remove them?
Only things that stayed on were the wing, skirts, Borla catback and NR white face gauges. Only reason the Borla went is because some genius at Ford thought it would be nice to make a stock exhaust that had to be cut to be removed.

·
Registered
433 Posts
so you goin to be selling the other mods that were on the focus ?? like those headlights... ? hehe.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so you goin to be selling the other mods that were on the focus ?? like those headlights... ? hehe.
Headlights and grill were sold about a month ago. Sorry.

The only things I have left to sell are a set of OBX/KKM pedals, shorty antenna, clear side markers, and Eibach Pro Kit with springs and dampers. The Eibachs are on hold until I can get a warranty issue with one of the struts taken care of. Supposed to be geting a brand new set. All parts will be listed in the buy/sell forum so please no offers here.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nice ZX3 man, 2bad it's gone now, but good choice on goin' w/ a mazda, can't wait for the mazdaspeed rx8 to come out

·
Registered
446 Posts
Is that a station wagon?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I think the focus looks alot better, but the i really like the way the front of the mazda looks.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Sad to see the Foci go, but when a change is needed it's hard to resist.

The P5 is looking great, I love those things entirely to much!

·
Registered
446 Posts
How much was the car.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Change is good Drew. The only thing I'll really miss about the Focus is the incredible handling, especially with the Eibach Pro Kit. But I'll fix that soon enough.

Affect: Sticker was $17,425 but after dealer discount and rebate I got it for $14,450.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts