Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after the install today I drove home and had a lot of fun. No problems at all. Then the first time I turned the car off, then 20 minutes later went to start it up again it started the following symptoms. Although the car is warm the water temp gauge reads all the way to the left (cold) at idle. When I begin to move it jumps to normal temp. Then at cruising it will go between the red and normal zone. Also, I have vibration through the pedal, but I am assuming that is the throttle cables laying on the blower. Any ideas what this could be? I am dropping it off in the morning, just wonder what this could be. All of the radiator lines are free of kinks, and all sensors are pluged in. Also, getting a CEL, and it is reading one code under the "self test" mode.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Ok, after the install today I drove home and had a lot of fun. No problems at all. Then the first time I turned the car off, then 20 minutes later went to start it up again it started the following symptoms. Although the car is warm the water temp gauge reads all the way to the left (cold) at idle. When I begin to move it jumps to normal temp. Then at cruising it will go between the red and normal zone. Also, I have vibration through the pedal, but I am assuming that is the throttle cables laying on the blower. Any ideas what this could be? I am dropping it off in the morning, just wonder what this could be. All of the radiator lines are free of kinks, and all sensors are pluged in. Also, getting a CEL, and it is reading one code under the "self test" mode.
sounds like u might be running lean . perhaps the jackson fuel module isn't operating . OR it's not hooked to all 4 injectors properly .

open the unit and see if the green light comes on when u hit the pedal into boost .

u can also remove your purge canister and look at the wires to make sure the injectors are hooked up correctly to the 3 grey & 1 blue wire ..

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The leds are operating correctly when I checked them out. Right now the water temp is at normal, and had the cel cleared, has not come back. Friend thinks there was air in the radiator lines, since they had the resivour (sp) upside down for two days. Hope that is it. Ill keep yall posted.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
In referance to your gas pedal vibration. There is a section of tubing that came with your JRSC kit that's about 18" long and has a split all the way through it the long way.
you need to slip that over the accelerator cable where it leaves the throttle body.
That will stop the vibration under all situations except at 7,000RPMs and above

here is a pic of my install. I hope you see something that will help you out.

I'm thankful that I have not had any problems since I did my install.*knocks on wood*
I do find that these problems are usually something simple and when you realize what it is, you'll be better prepared the next time you have something happen.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!! Ill do that right now. I did see a tube like that, but it measures to be 12 inches...is that the one? Also, CEL came back on last night on the way to the track. You know most would not race since my light has to do with over heating. Not me though. I raced five times, and on the last past the CEL went off!!! Weird...but ill take it. The cel reading is some type of radiator block heat sensor that is reacting slow...
I am guessing it is some type of sensore that might be messing up cause my heat shield is off on my header, im going to replace my heat shield, and if and when the cel comes back if it is the same sensor I will replace the sensor...just need to find out exactly what sensor is doing this. Hey NY, is the bottom brackett on your SRI bolted to its spot? Just looks like your SRI is pointing down more than usual, so I cant really picture the bracket being bolted in its original spot. My bud that did the install cut about an inch or two off the AEM SRI, and now the fit is perfect. Just an idea if you wanted to.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The tube was probably closer to a foot long. That would be the one anyway. Fit it over the cable and you should be good.

I actually considered cutting off some of the SRI like you did, but decided not to just in case I want to do something else with it later. So no, it is not bolted on the bottom.
I noticed that you didn't reinstall a few parts like the cover for the dist., spark plug cover, battery cover and header shield.
Did you get the screamin' Deamon coilpack with the live wires and decided not to put the rest of the other stuff on afterwards?
I understand that, I just wanted the stock look back, so I tried hard to replace what I could.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Howd you know that I didnt re install that stuff!! Yeah the heat shield is going back on for sure. I have the msd coil pack part number 8241. The cover always get poped off so I just leave it off. I understand the wanting to keep it stock looking, but I just enjoy seeing all the parts of the engine. I keep off the spark wire cover because I dont like how bunched up the wires are with it on. The ZX2 wires I am running are a little longer than stock svt ones, so they get real buched up with the cover on. I use Ford Racing wire dividers to keep them nice and neat and spread out. Lastly I installed the tube witht the long ways cut, and still get pedal vibration, not as much, but still some. Did you do anything else besides the tube? Also, did you do anything with the cruise control cable? The vibration is much less though, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I saw your pics over in Rigz.
I can understand why you keep off the items.
That's the only thing I did to reduce the vibration. I must be used to it, because I don't really notice it in my car. I guess you can't get it away 100%.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, it the price we pay for power is what Im gonna tell myself then!

Ill try to figure out what else I can do to reduce the vibration, and if you want Ill let you know what I can come up with. But, it seems that you dont really have a problem. Man I cant wait to get the heat shield back on...dumb to take it off!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The tube was probably closer to a foot long. That would be the one anyway. Fit it over the cable and you should be good.

I actually considered cutting off some of the SRI like you did, but decided not to just in case I want to do something else with it later. So no, it is not bolted on the bottom.
I noticed that you didn't reinstall a few parts like the cover for the dist., spark plug cover, battery cover and header shield.
Did you get the screamin' Deamon coilpack with the live wires and decided not to put the rest of the other stuff on afterwards?
I understand that, I just wanted the stock look back, so I tried hard to replace what I could.
Oh, after seeing the pics I realize the battery cover was off, and that made me remember you said that, sorry I didnt refer to on other post. I always have the battery cover on. That thing exposed to elements a lot is not a good thing. Hmmm....maybe I will take it off...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts