Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new to the forum and hope you can help. Im in the UK and realy want a overhead console that is fitted to the 05 focus in the USA. Its been near imposible to get one so far. I was hoping that you guys would be kind enough to ask your local dealer how much the part costs and if they will ship to the uk? If anyone can find a dealer who will please PM me their number. Thanks and get ready to see alot of me around here.

Colin

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think it's been asked before....and the part from the 05 wouldn't fit in earlier models without some fairly extensive modifications. Have you searched the forums?

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
I'm not exactly sure why it couldn't be done. The upper shell of the car didn't change. You'd just have to purchase not only the console, but the entire headliner. Or do what Silfox did. In any case, call up Steve to see about shipping and parts costs.

"We are Tousley Ford offering all OEM Ford parts at 10% over cost.

Call Steve at 1-800-328-9552 during regular business hours or E-mail to [email protected] "

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Here is mine from a Blazer, but with extensive modifications done. Cutting, glassing, covering, recovering, wiring, rewiring, damn more rewiring. Done.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
All the lights work, the large middle is the dome and I have the four maplights as well. The wiring was a pain. Going from Chevy to Ford and having to omit the VSS. Acualy I fried that computer and have yet to get a new one. The wiring is right now, just the computer never reads right.
No install pictures. I took so long to do it, over a month time, I never had the camera when I needed it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. will ring tousley tommorow. Love your one Silfox but i think itll be a royal pain to install. Plus the matter of getting one over to the uk. Looks like a long unit. How many compartments does that have?

Colin

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
thanks guys. will ring tousley tommorow. Love your one Silfox but i think itll be a royal pain to install. Plus the matter of getting one over to the uk. Looks like a long unit. How many compartments does that have?

Colin
3, front to back; garage door openner, sunglasses, cd cases.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm is it worth the hassle of importing it. How difficult would you rate the install? And do you think i could fit a 6" screen in the cd bit?

Cheers Colin.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
nice install, it would be cool if you couls get one with the flip down dvd in it and wie it up and make every thing work

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
I thought about the DVD thing. But the compartment sits right above your head in the car. So the placement wouldnt be right. I think it would be worth importing and depending on how skilled you are, its not too hard to install.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well ive done alot of fiberglass work before so il give it ago. Plus Tousley never bothered returning my email so i mite as well do summit a lil different. Thanks for the idea.

Colin

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Tousley replied and were very helpfull so ive gone with them. Ordered the ford one. Now have a 2 week wait. At least itll be a UK first.

Colin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts