Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got ford to flush my radiator a couple days ago. I went to ford because they use that machine to clean it out. But driving last night my temp gauge started to move towards the red. It would stop about a 1/4in before it hit the red and go back to normal. I was on the highway going 70-75. It would do it when idling also. Then for 20 min when driving home I didn’t do it once. The fans do turn on. Think it’s the thermostat sticking? If it was the WP wouldn’t it just overheat all the way into the red? Oh and my heater does work.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Sounds like there's air in the system. I would take it back and tell them to fix it.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems thats what it might have been. I squeezed the hoses and tapped on them with that cap off. I did a good drive this morning and everything seems to be happy. Fans turn on at idle, guage didnt move. It kinda fluttered a sec before the fans turned on. But if it happens again, guess i have to back to damm ford! I reccomend there flush service, they got all that nasty crap out of the system. They let me see the old and then new and wow what a differance. Thanks for the info noresull.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts