Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost ready to complete my DIY turbo. I have a few questions regarding sensors and EGR. I will be running a Pectel, do I eliminate the EGR system? if yes how? remove the whole system or use a block off plate?. Currently my Focus Sport header has 2 sensors, am I going to need both on the manifold and downpipe (manifold is under construction) if I need both should one bung go on the manifold and the other on the downpipe or do I only need one with the Pectel?. Where should I put my blowoff valve? closer to the throttle or it really doesn't matter since with the Pectel the MAF is eliminated?. And last if anyone running a Pectel can PM me with their Phone # and what hours are best to call in case I run into problems. Thanks...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guys... Come on someone help me out with this. I need the car running by Saturday. There aren't many people messing with Focus in Puerto Rico so I depend alot on you guys for input. Another question I would like to ask is where should I place the Air Temp Sensor? Should I place it between the throttle and BOV or after the BOV?. I need to have the car runnig by Saturday. Thanks...

·
Registered
675 Posts
I dont have a pectel but my EGR is didsabled with my chip. I just unhooked it, I've been meaning to put a "block" plate their.

My 2nd O2 sensor is also disabled with the diablo chip.

My BOV is on the pipe that goes from the Intercooler to turbo. When i buy my new adjustable BOV, I'm going to put it somewhere a little more accesible.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Flo, did you fix your vacuum leak? does your idle still go high? wouldn't that caus it? not having a block off plate?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Flo, did you fix your vacuum leak? does your idle still go high? wouldn't that caus it? not having a block off plate?
I'm not sure!

Would it fix this problem (sorry to go offtopic)??

Doesnt disabling it with the chip, just do that....disable it???

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
it does disable it.. but the open end is what reroutes the exhaust gases to the intake manifold.. which would cause a leak i think..

im just assuming, may not be the same issue at all..if it wasn't unhooked, and you disabled it through the chip, even though its all hooked up, the valve just would never open, hence making it "disabled" even though the system is still in place

maybe we should do another thread though hehe

PRTurbo: since the egr is electronicly controlled (ecu), i dont even think the EGR would be functional using the pectel unless it has an integrated function like the stock ecu to make the valve open/close.. im not sure how the pectel is wired up to the whole car but your egr system might not even be connected to anything.. if thats the case then you could remove the whole system and just plug the vacuum line that its connected to..

·
Registered
990 Posts
You're second O2 sensor is for the catalytic converter. If you turn the sensor off with the pectel you'll be fine to just remove it. You will want a bung further downstream though, for your wideband (or dyno's).

And the IAT goes right before the throttle body, after the BOV.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, that's more like it. As an old honda owner, one thing I really enjoy the most is that this forum is more informative and straightforward than any, and focus owners really back each other up. Keep up the good work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts