Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been saving some $$$ to buy the superturismos but I need help w/ the wheel/tire sizes...

I wanted:

FRONT 17x7 TIRES: 215/45/17

REAR 17x8 TIRES: 225/45/17

I decided not to go with 18's because I also want a "wide" look... I'm not sure about the offset on the superturismo, but I'm only guessing that is the widest I can go on my ZX3, is that correct?

Is that possible on a 2001 ZX3 w/ EIBACH SPORTLINES?

Also; I plan to install fiberglass fenders (z3 style) so i won't be able to roll the front fenders ("shave" a little bit maybe?)...

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I have 205/45/17's on my Sportlines and they are pretty close to the limit. When I had my wheel turned all the way to one side I looked inside the wheel well and noticed an area where my tires ate a small grove into the mud guard in there. I can never feel it rub but I think if you went any larger you might run into problems without modifing your fenders etc. My wheels are a 42mm offset.

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
It seems pointless to go with a wider rear tire on a FWD car. All you're going to get is understeer out of that. With no power to the rear wheels, there no way of using the throttle to bring the tail around. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If all you are going for is looks, then maybe it will satisfy that, but you'll suffer in the handling department.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi peloton25,

I know what you mean... it's just for looks.

I wish I could fit 17x8 in front AND rear, but I don't think I can so I thought I coud try 17x7 for the front and 17x8 for the rear... Besides, It's just one inch...

I saw a post some time ago that mentioned the Rieger Focus with MESH wheels 17x9 (215/40/17) and 17x10 (245/35/17) rear... That's too wide in my opinion, so 17x7 and 17x8 would look good...

Thanks again

Does anyone here have 17x7 front and 17x8 rear?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Do you want the wider tires so they will poke out of the fenders a little or actual wider wider rubber? If you just want the tires to poke a little, you could always get some spacers. I run 10mm spacers both front a rear and my 215/45/17 tires on 17" Superleggera poke a little out of the fenders. Of course the reason I run the spacers is because I have large brakes in the front that need a spacer to clear the spokes of the rim and I put the spacer in the back to even things out.

Oh and where are you getting Superturismo's from? I was under the impression they were only availble in our bolt pattern in Europe...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey canuck, do you have any pic? please post them here...

Both, I wanted wider wheels (just 1 inch wider) and I like the look too...

I think you are right, I'll get the superturismos from Europe... That's why I wanted to see some pics before I order them.. I don't want to spend all that money and not be happy w/ the wheel I get...

I looked at the rage enduros, but I could only find them size 18 on discounttire website... w/ 18's I cannot go as wide...

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Here you go

I had to shrink the pics down quite a bit and also reduce the quality a little to make them dialup friendly.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW ! !
it looks great...

Thanks for the pictures

I think I'll get 17x7 215/45/17 for all four wheels...

Thanks again

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, I just found out that the only have 17x7 for the Focus...

Now I'm also looking at the 17x7 mille miglia f20 's ...but I can't find any pics of them on a Focus...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts