Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired a set of OZ Racing wheels. And have no clue what the name of them are. They are a rather bland looking flat, six spoke wheel. The spokes are square, not round. I don't have pics yet. Do these sound familiar to anyone? This is a similar rim but with six spokes.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was the first place I went. I think these rims are a few years old. And they only show the current product line.

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
If I was a betting man, I'd say that they are the OZ Mito. They haven't been around for a while, but more recently, a 2 or 3 piece modular version was available called the (you guessed it) OZ Mito Modular or in Europe I think this version was called the OZ Mito 2. Here's a photo:

I'll try to confirm my suspicions for you.

>8^)
ER

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
LOL - long day I guess...

Then they must be these:

In other countries they were called the Saturn Plus. Here they had a different name - I'll find it.

>8^)
ER

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Ok - I figured it out. Those wheels were offered here in the US by TireRack under the brand name 'MSW' or 'Motorsport Wheels' and were called the Type 45 or Type 55. I believe that MSW's were simply rebaged OZ wheels so it's possible that someone swapped in the OZ center cap.

I've found a photo of the MSW Type 45 and that was actually a 5-spoke wheel so rule that out. It turns out that there were two versions of the Type 55. One version had exposed lugs whereas the other, which I believe was Type 55C, was a little more sculpted with the center cap like you see in the above photo. Maybe our TireRack rep has more photos laying around or can explain in more detail.

>8^)
ER

EDIT: Here's a photo of the MSW Type 55 w/exposed lugs on a Corrado: http://www.conti.net/carpix/corradolf.jpg

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL - long day I guess...

Then they must be these:

In other countries they were called the Saturn Plus. Here they had a different name - I'll find it.
Just noticed your edit. Those are exactly them. Thanks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't have pic of the MSW Type 55 that I can post but your conclusion of a MSW Type 55 with the MSW caps being replaced by OZ caps makes sense.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts