Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got one today, brand new for 200, do I sell it and get the FC shorty or do I keep it??? What to do, i have been reading up on it and doing searches and I see that its pretty good, but then I hear its crap!!! what do I do!!! its just the header, i want the MBRP cat for sure!! LMK what to do!!!

i hear the pacesetter header doesn;t fit right, its a lil high under the hood, whats up with it?? i need to know all!! anyone wanna buy it, its brand new, never installed

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
I'd try fitting it since you already have it. Most of the people I've heard from who actually have seem happy with it. I think their overall quality control might be the problem, letting a few subpar units out to market now and again. If the one you fits up ok I don't think you'll see any real difference in performance with any other shorty header.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
i have it and like it...hell it flows when. put it on...don't spend almost the same price just for another one..not worth it. install that biznatch

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have the coated Pacesetter. Works and fits fine out of the box. Looks good after several thousand miles.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I just purchased one from a moderator on this board, it's still in great shape after almost 5000 miles on his car. He had no problems with fitment or install.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have it on my car!!!Big differenc than the stock one!Like these guy's said just try and install it and you wil definitly like it for the price!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have had the uncoated version for 10K with no problems. No problems with the fit either.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
keep it and get it jet coated....w/ that price it'll still be cheaper than any other header

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where to look and see about pricing on jet coating and what color will it be after this is done, is it like powercoating???

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I have the pacesetter header too ceramic coated. Theres no difference between it and say the FS one except for the price.

If it bolts on to your car fine.. Keep it. Its well worth it.

On another note.. Im selling mine.. Anyone interested? So lazy .. i never get around to posting it in the Classifieds..

·
Registered
55 Posts
your selling your header, I'm assuming it's a pacesetter? what condition is it in, how much do you want for it? got pics?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ive got an uncoated one for 6000 miles and its great it fitted perfectly and no leaks so far.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Pacesetter shorty, had many probs with the install. The head flange holes were off and i almost stripped out 2 of the holes in the head. Saved the holes, punched the flange holes bigger and it fit fine. Played war with the header trying to get it in the car. Performance after install was outstanding. 1 month ofter install, it blew my factory cat out (out the tailpipe). But here it is 7k later and still have it on the car. Just one tip, if you are going to run the factory cat, try to see if you can get a new manifold-cat gasket but good luck on that, i tried.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Here is the part number for the manifold cat gasket. Its like 4 bucks YS4Z-9450-CA

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by nick:
Here is the part number for the manifold cat gasket. Its like 4 bucks YS4Z-9450-CA
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">where do I get?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Up untill last month(last time i checked)they have had no such gasket. Thanks for the part number, have to go out and get it, have a slight leak.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts