Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a Pacesetter shorty header worth $75? If not, I know I'm going with JBA. (Yes, I know they crack, but that's why they have a lifetime warranty.) Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a pacesetter header, I have had no problems with it. And I have never heard of the pacesetter cracking just the JBA. I would recomend you getting the coated one for durability and looks. The only draw back is the placement of the pipes that make some of the bolts difficuilt to get to. Other then that a really nice mod and gains.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought a pacesetter uncoated shorty and it was cracked when I recieved it. It was bad because I couldn't tell it was cracked until after I install it. I ended up replacing it with a focus central race header, which is great in my opinion. With this I'm not saying pacesetter is a bad way to go, you just get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Get the coated one forsure. This is a must.

There just as good as the FS or JBA.. Dont let the name fool you into thinking its crappier.

I made some nice gains paring it with my volant and bosal. I miss the hunk of metal now that i sold it..

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the Pacesetter ceramic coated header for a year free of any issues and the finish still looks as new. The black painted one will burn off the paint and consecuently rust on you.

George

·
Registered
301 Posts
The "black painted one" is a temporary finish that should be removed and replaced with hightemp paint
about 5months on my car without a problem, although a friend ordered one and had serious fitment issues, so they might be a little inconsistent they do seem to hold up

·
Registered
733 Posts
Where did you find it for $75.00 ??

Do you have a url or phone number??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts