Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I just painted my door mouldings. They turned out great. The body shop said they wouldnt look good, well screw them, they turned out sweet. Mind you, my dad used to be an automotive painter for the Ford Motor Company of Canada many years ago, and helped me with this project.

My mouldings are out in the sun drying, so I dont have any pics right now, but I will post a link soon and some pics of them for you guys to see. One quick question, what did you guys use to remove the glue residue off the doors? I havent got all of that [censored] off yet, but I am working on it.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Re: painted my mouldings

im not knockin your work and all...but your car was black to begin with. there wasnt really any reason that it needed this...although it still looks good. i think this is much more necessary on a non-black car but good work on the DIY anyway

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

Mike- Imagine an SVT with ZX3 door trim....I think that is reason enough to paint them on any car. See if any of the SVT guys would trade painted for plastic...Peace

Lox

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks guys, The modification took me about 4 hours in sanding, prep, paint, dry. It wasnt so bad, the only hard part was removing all the glue off the doors.

I was gonna paint the hatch trim black too, but I have the chrome handle lying arround somewhere, ready to be installed onto the car soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts