Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painted wheels and tinted lights on \'05

I tinted the headlights and tail lights using the smoked protective film offered by Lamin-X. I also painted the wheels using Duplicolor bronze spray paint. Let me know what you guys think.

Before:

After:

Wheel close up:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Re: Painted wheels and tinted lights on \'05

it looks real good, peace

·
Registered
899 Posts

looks awesome, now get the painted door handles and some tint!!!

BTW, where did you buy the tinted laminx for the headlights? I checked FS and they only have the tint for the fogs and the taillights. Also, what did you go with on the headlights/tailights? 65%/80%? or smoked/charcoal?

Thanks!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

looks awesome, now get the painted door handles and some tint!!!

BTW, where did you buy the tinted laminx for the headlights? I checked FS and they only have the tint for the fogs and the taillights. Also, what did you go with on the headlights/tailights? 65%/80%? or smoked/charcoal?

Thanks!
Thanks for the compliments. I ordered the stuff direct from Lamin-x. The total for the tails and headlights was $104 shipped and came in 3 days. I went with the smoked because they claimed it allowed approximately 85% of the light to shine through. I would say this is fairly accurate because I haven't had any problems driving or from law enforcement. You can find the stuff in their site www.lamin-x.com .

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts

You don't need to post in both Team Rigz and in Exterior Mods.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts

Oh, that looks great! I've been thinking of tinitng my hella lenses, but I love yours.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Looks great. By the way, does anyone know if this is street legal in California? someone told me it is illegal to tint the headlights but they are probably full of crap. Lookin good though...

·
Registered
1,656 Posts

Carefull, my '04 headlights cracked bacause I used cling tint on the eyebrows......I'm not sure if the lamin-x would do the same, but it may be something you want to watch out for.............and oh yeah, that looks freaking great!

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts

I think you can tint the lights on your car all you like as long as you don't change the color. Here in MD, headlights must be white, or amber. My friend got a ticket for having blue lenses on an old neon. Just because it's sold doesn't mean its legal.

·
Registered
61 Posts

whoa nice '05!!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

wow! what kit is that and what kinda wheels are those???
VERY nice!

·
Registered
293 Posts

I saw this thread before and forgot to say that is a very nice car. It's the details (not just bolting on every part you can buy) that really set a car apart and I think you know how to do that. The paint and tint go perfect with the look you are going for.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

I just saw this car on Ebay
. Why are you selling it after all that work
?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Don't get me wrong, I love this car. But, unfortunatley there are a few things that have come up that I could use the money for. I am getting married next April and this affair is getting more expensive by the day. Secondly I have been looking to buy a house. Of course, if it seems that I get what I need out of the car to pay off the loan, I will end the auction and be forced to keep her.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

looks good u could use some vinyl now
If I keep that car, vinyl is the next step. I want to do something with some bronze and aluminum accents to play off of the theme I got working.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

Bigdaddyzx3 for all your vinyl needs
. PM him.

·
Registered
117 Posts

Very original look...I hope you get to finish what you started. I am anxious to see the end result!

Damage

1 - 20 of 21 Posts