Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple weeks ago i painted the plastic trim that runs the length of the door. i just popped it off and superglued it back in when i was done. now i realize that superglue isnt gunna cut it. if anyone knows what im talkin about and has done this, what did you do to secure those things back in with? im thinkin bout tryin to run some screws through the back of the door panel and see if that helps. if u need pictures i can get them tonite hopefully after i get the camera phone turned back on.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
I used liquid nails. Worked good

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it should be there,,,,it runs about the middle of the door in the recesed part above the arm rest. and its hard plastic.

and i never even thought about using liquid nails. lol. i got some jb at home, that stuff fixes everything too

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, mine doesn't have that part. I've seen it in pictures, but mine doesn't have that. hmmmm....
interesting,,,,ill try to get pix of my interior up either tonite or tomorrow,,,,i think it looks pretty good

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
my 02 does not have that peaces either

·
Registered
204 Posts
Here is a pic of my trim piece after it was painted, the color is about a 95% match to my ZTS. I used a two part epoxy ( nasty stuff
) Everything is nice and secure.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is a pic of my trim piece after it was painted, the color is about a 95% match to my ZTS. I used a two part epoxy ( nasty stuff
) Everything is nice and secure.

well thats the piece in talkin about,,,,i used some goop all purpose adhesive sunday,,,,works great

·
Registered
519 Posts
So...you guys with that plastic piece....What year and model is your car? My '02 ZX3 doesn't have it, and someone else said that their '03 didn't have it also.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i got a 2000 zx3 and i got it

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
must be,,,,cuz thats the first time iv ever heard of that

·
Registered