Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this possible, is there anysort of certain prep work i have to do for this? OR is it just impossible? PLease let me know i am sick of my ugly brown header its an svt header btw. thanks cam.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
have it ceramic coated. Paint will just burn off. You might be able to powder coat it but that will probably burn off as well. You can get ceramic coatings done in defferent colors now, I think they have black, silver and crome/polished. I have seen costom colors as well but they were on show cars and probably are very expensive to do.

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
good luck, I have the focussport header and its a nice greyish colour, and I would never want to paint it any other colour.

they have engine enamel, but sooner or later it will just burn off, you get what you pay for in a $4.05 can of engine enamel.

·
Banned
4,105 Posts
If anything, I'd get it black ceramic coated.

I've also heard now that they can ceramic coat the inside of pipes to reduce the amount of heat given off by them. A guy I know has the pipes on his Harley ceramic coated inside and out. He has short drag pipes on it and they get HOT when he's riding.

I imagine a header gets pretty damn hot when the car is running, but I don't know how good it would be to get it ceramic coated on the inside, if it would have any negative effects on the performance of the header, but I imagine it would keep some of that heat from getting out into the engine compartment to things like a CAI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts