Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im tryin to paint all the plastic under my hood blue. i got most of it done but i cant seem to get out the plastic cover for the cam gears. has anyone taken this cover off and how did you get it off. i know theres 4 bolts in it. i have taken them out of there but it still feels like its stuck on something. please help

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
im tryin to paint all the plastic under my hood blue. i got most of it done but i cant seem to get out the plastic cover for the cam gears. has anyone taken this cover off and how did you get it off. i know theres 4 bolts in it. i have taken them out of there but it still feels like its stuck on something. please help
It goes under the motor mount. They usually break when you take them out. Why do you want that to stand out anyway?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just looks funny cause its the only thing plastic thats not blue under my hood. maybe i should just get blue cam gears and leave it off.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
just looks funny cause its the only thing plastic thats not blue under my hood. maybe i should just get blue cam gears and leave it off.
That would be a better choice i think...but then again there are people out there with blue hoses and wire loom that I laugh at. I'm kind of an extremest like that... I dont take well to accenting pieces that shouldn't be

1 - 4 of 4 Posts