Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YS4Z-7k453-FA

Save yourself some trouble and buy it... rather than trying to save the old one. Its $7-11 depending on where u buy.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Use a 1/2 inch socket to spread the 'fingers' evenly. This will save you from having to buy a new one. No problems with mine. I also would suggest doing the same socket trick when reinstalling the clip.

Great tip, thanks Steeda.

Don't get me wrong, having the part number archived is awesome. I could have just gotten lucky, and would have been bitching trying to find another one.

·
Registered
378 Posts
clip that breaks? wha? i just installed my steeda short shifter last week and had no problems at all.

·
Registered
997 Posts
zip ties own you ricer!

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried the zip-ties, but shifting was WAAAAAAAAAAAY more difficult than it should have been. and I did try the 1/2" socket.... it was too much a PITA and ended up breaking anyway.

Now... any one know how to get that little pin in to hold the reverse lockout piece? I've tried everything (although I kinda like not having it.... but it looks bad.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I tried the zip-ties, but shifting was WAAAAAAAAAAAY more difficult than it should have been. and I did try the 1/2" socket.... it was too much a PITA and ended up breaking anyway.

Now... any one know how to get that little pin in to hold the reverse lockout piece? I've tried everything (although I kinda like not having it.... but it looks bad.
leave the reverse lockout off!! Reverse lockout=death trap.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I used a wire clip and then tied wire around the open end to ensure it won't move. Metal beats plastic any day.

·
Registered
119 Posts
yeah i just did mine 3 nights ago....had to go to walmart and get zip ties too...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Focus-Central sells something for the shifter base. Is this what your talking about? I know its made of metal.
Is this what you are talking about?
Shifter Base

ANyone have the ford part # for this. FC will probably rape us more than ford would.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Yeah, I broke mine too and had to zip-tie it temp. until the ford place got me one 2 days later. Damn, expensive little piece eh?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts