Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parts Logo\'s on personal shirt....bad?

I and my bro are double driving my focus in Autox. I'd like to look "cool" and professional for the upcoming Denver National Tour and Sept's Nationals in KS, by having matching "racingteam/pit crew" shirts that i want to make using some ink transfer paper.

you can print whatever picture you want, and cut it out, iron it on a shirt. it'll last pretty long as long as you wash it properly.

the question is, would it be copyright infringement if i were to put a bunch of logos i got from the net, and arange them however i see fit and put them on my shirt for me and my bro. I wouldn't think so. I would suppose it's the same thing as having someone make vinyl logos and putting them on your car, for show.
You're actually giving them(the manuafactures of the products you have on your car) free advertising.

I'm not gonna sell these shirts to make money for me. I know THAT would be bad.
i'm giving one to my brother. that's it.

i explained it to my brother and he agreed, but he did say he read something about this subject and one thing would make it bad, but he couldn't remember.

anybody know the legalities on this matter?

thanks
dan

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Re: Parts Logo\'s on personal shirt....bad?

u should be fine if there are no money exchange going on

especially if it is just going to be a couple of shirts, ya kno, if it was a mass amount of team members, then i would question...but i think u just thinking too deep on this one, ya aright in my eyes

-chris

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts

Nah, nothing wrong with that.

Be clever and graphic though, that'd be even neater.

I always wear a FocalJet t-shirt at Nationals.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts

Technically, you have to have permission to reproduce trademarked or copywrited information (ie logos.) If you are just making two shirts for personal use, I don't think it would be a major problem.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

thanks guys!

see you at Nationals, Omni!!

·
Registered
5,176 Posts

Technically, you have to have permission to reproduce trademarked or copywrited information (ie logos.) If you are just making two shirts for personal use, I don't think it would be a major problem.
If the shirts are for "personal use only" you should never have a problem. If you were to try and sell those shirts then there would be a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts