Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are all these posts about the EGR system and emissions in general, but I'm curious about specifics. I m curious if anyone from PA has tried going through emissions with "other then complete stock" setup.

What I wanted to know was:
1)What was your setup?(race header, chipped, flashed, etc.)
2)EGR disabled or enabled?
3)What kinda of emissions was done(visual, odb-II, or both)
4) and of course....outcome.

Im asking cuz i wanna know if i will be able to get by with my setup(its f/i, but im not worried about that part) and just using PRP to flash the ECU to slgithyl altered stock settings, or if flashing will fail it test wise.

any input welcome.thanks

·
Registered
990 Posts
gutted stock cat (for visual), aerocharger 3, autologic chip disabling egr and 2nd O2

no egr system on car
both
passed with flying colors

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats exactly what I was looking for sprout. Thats awesome...especially since we have the same setup with the aerocharger.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Well, we did... I've since upgraded.

I'm going to try this week without a cat at all. Last time the guy didn't even open the hood. He just obd2's it and glanced under the car with it about 2' off the ground. My inspection was up yesterday. D'oh!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Stock header, off road pipe, SCT chip, 42# injectors, 70mm Pro-M MAF, Aerocharger stage 3

EGR present but disabled by the chip.

OBD-II only - south central PA

Passed with flying colors two years in a row.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are BOTH pa? good stuff. I can't wait to move back home then. I was alittle worried about it , but it sonds like its a cake-walk(people still use that phrase?).I'm south east pa , and im pretty sure its an obd-II only area. Thanks alot guys.

sprout...what did you do with your aero setup if you got rid of it?

·
Registered
990 Posts
I sold the ac3 to subliminal kid, then, within the month before I was to fit my new turbo, I hydrolocked my motor when pittsburgh flooded (dang bomz cold air intake). I got stuck in traffic in 1'+ of water. Then I had to build the motor from the oil pan up by hand, outside, in my gravel parking lot. 8.2:1's, ARP's, and eagles all the way...

It was hell for 3 months or so, but totally worth it as a learning experience. How many jetters can say they personally torqued their con rod bolts to spec.

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
I know there are all these posts about the EGR system and emissions in general, but I'm curious about specifics. I m curious if anyone from PA has tried going through emissions with "other then complete stock" setup.

What I wanted to know was:

Im asking cuz i wanna know if i will be able to get by with my setup(its f/i, but im not worried about that part) and just using PRP to flash the ECU to slgithyl altered stock settings, or if flashing will fail it test wise.

any input welcome.thanks
Brenden, did we give you access to the FocusSport Pro Racer forum yet? I can't recall. Lemme know if not.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no. I Havent gotten accessyet. I'm sure that would be a big help.Also I havent gotten the PRP upgrade either. I hope UPS/FEDEX didn't lose it.:(
Is there a tracking number for it by chance?

Oh, have you gotten the Xcal2 back yet?

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
no. I Havent gotten accessyet. I'm sure that would be a big help.Also I havent gotten the PRP upgrade either. I hope UPS/FEDEX didn't lose it.:(
Is there a tracking number for it by chance?

Oh, have you gotten the Xcal2 back yet?
No, I didn't get the old XCal2 back yet. You sent it right?

Your Pro Racer upgrade is out for delivery and you should have it today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts