Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about 2 days ago my pasanger side door has been permanantly put in locked mode. i try pushing the lock/unlock button on the door handle and it seems as if something is holding it back, there is alot of pressure needed to even push it down all the way and when i do it doesnt do a damn thing
also pressing the powerlocks unlock doesnt do anything nor does using the barbaric way of using the key.

Has anyone experienced this and knows a way to fix it besides going to the stealership? any help would be awesome THANK YOU IN ADVANCED!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well i fixed it kinda, i just kept tugging on the key from the outside until it finally unlocked now it opens and closes from the outside and inside, I jsut cant lock it or unlock it with the power locks. and I have to lock it from the outside with the key...YAY!!! I LOVE my focus!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Mine has the same problem, No mattter what I do, Turning the key, open it from the inside does not work. I'm tempted to use a Martal arts Kick to open it or a drill. But I'll take it to a Dealership first, if they don't tell me to fix it my self like I had to with the Vacuum hose leek.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had the same problem, on mine there was a metal pin and a piece of plastic (U shaped, that was holding the pin) that had snapped off of the locking mechanism.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts