Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I passed emissons today with flying colors..

the HC limit is 220.1 and I had a 73.6 HC

so now its allll gooooood!!

In case your wondering..I have the FC test pipe,FS flex pipe and HKS Hiper exhaust.

·
Registered
131 Posts
What state?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohio....doesnt require a visual inspection.

[ 09-26-2002, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: icemanZX3 ]

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hummm...Verry interestingk!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I heard a nasty rumor abour IL emmissions though. I hear they are checking OBDII codes and if you trip any you'll fail.

Just yank the CEL bulb

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
doooode, I can just say there's a cat under my car and go for it, then

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by Carizme:
I heard a nasty rumor abour IL emmissions though. I hear they are checking OBDII codes and if you trip any you'll fail.

Just yank the CEL bulb
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Except that the codes will be there whether or not the light bulb is.

It's possible to pass the two-speed idle type of test - even without a cat but it would be much harder to pass an IM240 test.

·
Registered
397 Posts

Just yank the CEL bulb
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i heard they are starting to do that in maryland, it sucks, oh well i'll just have to put the stock cat back in

[ 09-27-2002, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: baconzx3 ]

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
i hear that in my state (CT) there is no more emissions for a while. wtf?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If any are active but they cant fail you if any were tripped before. Doesnt the chip take care of that? Also does the computer store all the trip codes in there....is there any way to clear them out for good? I know you can reset the codes, disconnect the battery or go to autozone to have them cleared.

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
This is very ineresting news. I think that I will have a test one done to see what I get here in Cali. Now if I can convince them that the cat is supposed to be under the car I'll be alright!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
From what I hear that the State Of NH does State Inspections, but I also found out that I can run the Radom Tech Cat and not have any problems passing State Inspection, seems that there is no law in regards to replacing the cat converter w/ an aftermarket one. Now this is something that I can finally be happy about this Half Backwards azz state.

[ 09-27-2002, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: zetecinside ]

·
Registered
72 Posts
hey icemanzx3,

which part of ohio do you live in? i live in columbus and there's absolutely no such thing as emissions testing here. i guess, emissions is just localized in ohio or something?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
from the environmental law handbook:

The centerpiece of the clean air act has been the national ambient air quality standard (NAAQS) program. The NAAQS addresses pervasive pollution that endangers public health and welfare, and standards have been established for six pollutants: sulfur dioxide (SO2), nitrogen dioxide (NO2), particulate matter (PM), carbon monoxide (CO), ozone (O3), and lead (Pb). For each of these pollutants, NAAQS are set at levels designed to protect public health with an adequate margin of safety...and to promote public welfare..."

Chapter 2.1 then tells how EPA monitors air levels. If, in your county (or otherwise denoted EPA region) your air quality is not suffering, you will have different levels of allowable emissions. (hence Cali being all strict). This is not just for motor vehicles, but for industry, and VOCs (volatile organic compound) from gas stations you may notice have bellows or not (the rubber things on the gas pump), depending on the region where you are. In my state, near UConn (w00+) in Mansfield there are gas stations with bellows, but right down the road, there aren't any. In between is an EPA boundary line, and one area has more VOCs and other air pollutants than the other.

I just didn't think that any emissions levels would be allowed to backslide, or what? I mean, that if CT attains its allowable levels and has enough room to get rid of emmission stations, why would the state not simply reduce the allowable levels to maintain air quality? I've not read anything that the air quality is improving, anyway. Maybe the emissions stations arent closed and this entire post is moot. heh.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Originally posted by ZincYellowZX3:
It is so nice not having inspections in my state.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i aggree 100%

1 - 19 of 19 Posts