Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have the ford part # for a replacment pcv valve? Also how do I go about swapping it. Im assuming I just disconect it from the front and thats it or is there little hidden extra steps.

Thanks.

·
███████
2,662 Posts
I really don't think you have to replace it, I cleaned mine out with parts cleaner untill I could hear the pcv valve rattle when I shook it, unless it's damaged I wouldn't replace it, just clean it

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
you can buy a replacement at any auto parts store. Its not a dealer only item. the valve itself twists out of the oil seperator on one end and pulls out of the hose on the other.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the fast reply. im going to try cleaning it and go from there. So just to clarify when i shake it i should here a rattle?

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
the mechanism should travel freely. It should rattle easily. If it rattles slowly or not at all, its gummed up.

·
███████
2,662 Posts
yea, you want to do just that.... clean it a little with some WD40 untill you hear it shake, then spray some brake cleaner in it to remove the wd40 residue and clean any other particles that may be stuck. hope this helps !

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Good grief the thing costs less than $2 at every parts store I've been to. Just buy a new one, it's cheaper than wasting 1/2 a can of WD-40.

·
Banned
4,105 Posts
Then the hard part is actually getting to the thing to pull it out. I tried yesterday, couldn't get at it, got frustrated, and decided to wait til another day.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Good grief the thing costs less than $2 at every parts store I've been to. Just buy a new one, it's cheaper than wasting 1/2 a can of WD-40.

My thoughts exactly.....Thats about like cleaning a spark plug

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
unless they're the damn duratec plugs....I got dealership cost of 13 bucks each (25% off) because my throttle body came loose and leaned out the motor and fried the plugs...damn irridium

1 - 12 of 12 Posts